Full length Prometheus trailer (SPOILERS) - Page 7 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #121
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
space jockey? Tell me more.
Look what you've started again Everything I was going to add has been said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post
Mach I love all the sites you bring in every time, really good finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmersGarage View Post
That can't be possible.. IF it is an Alien egg, then it would imply an (the) "Alien Queen" is already there on that planet - laying eggs... which would go against what Sir Ridley had claim that this film is NOT a prequel to "Alien".
We've been through this whole what does "prequel" really mean for this movie and the context in which Ridley was using it....he is a genius and knows exactly what he is doing, regardless of what he is "saying" for the public. I'd personally love if at the end he had a cut scene of a young Ripley in flight school and then a glimpse of the Alien Queen laying eggs. Just his own joke and saying Haha fooled you fvckers, it's been a prequel all along!

It'll be interesting to see how they sum up this movie and end it...b/c as I've read Scott has discussed a possible sequel to this film, which I could see being just another step towards coming full circle to the original film and story line. As Mach said from the original Alien the Space Jockey has been fossilized at the point we see him and there definitely was a hole in his chest; which I felt tied into the chestburster scene on the Nostromo w/ Kane...foreshadowing if you will. So I feel it is safe to bet that at some point someone who sits in that chair is impregnated at some point w/ an Alien. As we see in the previews though the chair itself forms around the user who sits in it, so maybe it does not have to be specifically the Space Jockey. In the preview we see the main chick in an incubator of sorts and looks like someone is attempting to impregnate her w/ the "alien". If that chair has something to do w/ controlling the ship -- or whatever function it holds -- maybe someone who is impregnated w/ an Alien eventually sits in it in order to stop the ship/process from being able to do what it does.

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:30 AM   #122
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by klubeck View Post

A**hole let me rephrase, every time this thread gets brought up again after an extended absence I search around for new info. But nonetheless I will be looking again later today.
Bump

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:27 AM   #123
sgplayer69

My Ride: 2003 CB M3 Coupe
Old 03-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #124
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Yessssssssssss!
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #125
00stephen

My Ride: '02 TJ, '87 Milano
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
Very excited for this. Apparently it takes place in the same universe as alien, but 85(?) years or so earlier. It has a lot to do with the space jockey.
<---- What he said.

This thread is the first time I've heard of this movie. When I saw the arrangement of pods I thought '...' Then when I saw the space jockey's chair, I thought '!!!'

Thanks for sharing, psyched to see it.
00stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #126
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

My Ride: Yukon, E92 M3
!

cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #127
IdahoToyo

I absolutely love all these viral pieces being released. Unlocking of codes and what not to access more information and diving deeper into the storyline for the new movie. The interactive nature appears to create a great amount of hype for the film; although even without it all I know there is a large following looking forward to this film.

The part w/ him talking about what makes him sad and the single tear falling was a bit creepy. I found the portion about androids doing things humans might find "unethical" to be interesting...maybe this is hinting that these original androids don't follow the Three Laws of Robotics.

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #128
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by klubeck View Post
I absolutely love all these viral pieces being released. Unlocking of codes and what not to access more information and diving deeper into the storyline for the new movie. The interactive nature appears to create a great amount of hype for the film; although even without it all I know there is a large following looking forward to this film.

The part w/ him talking about what makes him sad and the single tear falling was a bit creepy. I found the portion about androids doing things humans might find "unethical" to be interesting...maybe this is hinting that these original androids don't follow the Three Laws of Robotics.
what are those.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #129
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

Quote:
what are those.
You can google it but I know one is something like do no harm to humans

Edit: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #130
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post

Edit: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.
Ohh I did hear these.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #131
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

Yeah they were in I, Robot

Old 04-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #132
pez319

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i TiAg
So since this is a prequel then is it safe to assume that David suffers the same faults that were present in Ash?
pez319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:47 AM   #133
IdahoToyo

Quote:
what are those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post

Yup those are them, also a "zeroth" ( not my term) law about humanity as a whole. Not something ever mentioned specifically by name throughout the series however Bishop brings it up in Aliens. The theory first came out in the 40's and has been in science fiction ever since, I Robot would be where most people will recognize it from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pez319 View Post
So since this is a prequel then is it safe to assume that David suffers the same faults that were present in Ash?
I'd imagine so. And as David is a predecessor to Ash, it would make sense that improvements and corrections had been made between models to correct any faults. So maybe David will be even worse

Old 04-18-2012, 03:19 AM   #134
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
The 3 laws of robotics was created by scifi writer Asimov and is where I Robot got it from which was based on one of his stories.

Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #135
MachRc
When Keepin' it real goes..

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Another new Intl. Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=J7GQvXuQJVI#!

"You're like my north star on a black night. It's true, no limit to what we could do..
We could be kings.."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #136
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci

Quote:
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #137
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Is there a release date set yet?

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #138
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & F56 JCW
I feel like we pretty much know the entire movie now...

Quote:
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go past." Douglas Adams
k2pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #139
kyle808

My Ride: 00 328CI
I thought they proved that the 3 Laws was flawed in IRobot?

"I'm gonna die! Jesus, Allah, Buddha - I love you all!
-Homer Simpson
kyle808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #140
IdahoToyo

SO EXCTIED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Is there a release date set yet?
June 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
I feel like we pretty much know the entire movie now...
It seems like they have showed so much of the film w/ the variances between US and international trailers. Excited to see it all tie together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle808 View Post
I thought they proved that the 3 Laws was flawed in IRobot?
My take from I, Robot was that humans themselves are flawed. The robots were following the three laws at the most strict definition as they could...everything that humans did could ultimately be viewed as something that would cause us harm.

Although it was extreme, it was based on the zero law that Robots were also bound to protect the future of humanity and that it would take precedent over the first three laws...and thus they acted accordingly.