E46 Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynavin N7

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TheRiddle 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I bought an N7 back in November 2018, finally got around to installing it in early July 2019 (car was in the shop). Ended up swapping it through J&T for another unit, which I've used for a couple of weeks. Works great, in perfect shape. Also have the Dynavin iLink Add-on for Apple CarPlay (for N6 & N7) (was $300). Note this is the one that provides an analog video signal to the older Dynavin units.

I'm upgrading to an N7 Pro. If you're an Android user, don't care about CarPlay, or are okay with the older style CarPlay interface, this is a great unit/combo.

#2 ·
Is there an alternative to the Dynavin that has the same capabilities, cheaper, and aesthetics that has the BMW OEM look? The N7 has the closest of aesthetics to the real thing. The ongoing price for a N7 is at $699. I think that is way more that what I could imagine. It is more in the Arm and a Leg territory.

#3 ·
Personally, I don't think the N7 looks near as factory as the Avin Avant-4, especially with a CD/DVD slot in the front of it. I can't say anything negative about the Dynavin N6 or N7. There are many members that are very satisfied. However, my decision came down to several points.
  • The Dynavin uses a closed operating system derived from the old, now extinct Windows CE OS and it is not possible to add any additional apps other than what comes from the factory.
  • The handling of the BMW DSP system is marginal at best, you lose the ability to tune the DSP to gain the best performance.
  • The Avant-4 looked the most like the factory system mounted in the dash
  • The Dynavin has no option for resetting the high or low cluster OBC trip computer functions like average MPG, average speed, etc.
  • The current cost is hundreds of dollars higher than the Android systems
All of the aftermarket systems provide the same basic functionality like radio, navigation, Bluetooth hands-free telephony, A2DP music streaming Bluetooth but with the open sourced OS you have the ability to have separate apps provide driver aids and assistance.

A couple of my favorite apps:
  • Dual DVR that records front and rear cameras anytime the car is on and viewable on the screen anytime the car is on. Also has ADAS driver assist functions like lane departure and collision avoidance built-in to the app.
  • Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in the same dongle. (Android Auto is still USB only. No wireless capability yet)
  • iBus app that allows for control and coding things like halos as DRL, corner lighting using fog light on the direction when turning, triple blink turn signals etc...
Best part is Avin Avant-4 is $329

Factory

Avin Avant-4

#4 ·
Unfortunately I am not very Tech Savvy on what they are asking when placing an order from their website.

Simple guy. All I need are just basic streaming of music Bluetooth from my iPod to the unit and answer calling from phone. No need of back up camera or whatever. If Navigation comes with it, then so be it.

https://avinusa.com/avant-4-multimedia-navigation-system-for-bmw-3-series-e46-m3.html

Please choose CPU platform *

PX5 (For US Only)
PX6 +$39.99
Add optional IBUS USB adapter (includes paid IBUS app license)? *

YES +$89.99
No
Add optional Advanced DSP Chipset with 15 EQ Band *

YES +$29.99
No
Do you have / had the factory navigation? *

YES - add required Quadlock 6M Navigation Extension Cable (SKU: QDBMW6MC) +$59.99
YES - add optional GPS Antenna Extension Cable +$29.99
No - I underdstand that I will need the HVAC relocation kit to complete my install
Add optional AutoPlay Adapter w/ Support for CarPlay and A-Auto *

YES - Black adapter (Support wireless CarPlay) +$99.99
YES - White adapter (Does NOT support wireless CarPlay) +$69.99
No
Optional Accessories *

E46 Backup Camera w/ LED (Model: BCAM_E46LED) +$44.99
2.4GHz Wireless Backup / Reverse Camera Video Transmitter +$24.99
Front Parking Camera (Model: UFBCAM1) +$29.99

DUAL DVR Camera System - Records front and back camera at the same time (Model: DDVR-CAM2) +$64.99

DAB+ USB Dongle (Not for North America) +$59.99

Wireless Mini Keyboard Mouse Touchpad with Backlight +$24.99

Torque Compatible Bluetooth OBD2 (SKU: OBD2BLK) +$24.99

Microphone for Bluetooth Handsfree Calls / Voice Commands +$14.99

3-Pack Anti-glare 7" Screen Protector +$9.99

5 pcs Car Interior Trim Removal Tool Kit +$19.99
None
iGO GPS Maps MicroSD Card (No internet required) *

North America + Australia - 32GB +$49.99
Europe - 32GB +$49.99
None
Add optional Tire Pressure Monitoring System (Model: TPMS-A4) *

YES - with INTERNAL sensors +$99.99
YES - with EXTERNAL sensors +$99.99
No
Add optional Digital TV Tuner *

YES: ATSC (North America) +$99.99
YES: DVB-T 1 (Europe) +$99.99
YES: DVB-T 2 (Europe) +$99.99
YES: ISDB-T (South America) +$99.99
No
Are you shipping to an address outside of the USA? *

YES, I accept that shipping to addresses outside of the USA I will be responsible for any import/customs tax my country charges.
NO. My shipping address is in the

#5 · (Edited)
If your car came with factory navigation get the PX5 base unit and the Quadlock 6M navigation extension. If no navigation originally get the PX5 base unit but you will need to relocate your HVAC controls with a bracket available from many sources. We can provide a link if needed. You can always add any options later.

AvinUSA is right up I 15 from you in the Elsinore area I believe.

#7 ·
If your car came with factory navigation get the PX5 base unit and the Quadlock 6M navigation extension. If no navigation originally get the PX5 base unit but you will need to relocate your HVAC controls with a bracket available from many sources. .
ok, what would you do if you have an OEM navi monitor and a modded radio module (2 RCA to drive 3 amps- FR/RR/SW)?

remove the entire loom and use RCAs directly or keep using the actual setup

please consider that originally my car had the radio navigation sys (smal monochrome display) and i've upgraded to monitor by adding the 2nd loom (for monitor), and for this reason i think i'm running out of space to run a 3rd loom from HU to trunk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.