Any E46 E9x Keyless Entry/start (PassiveGo) Retrofit for E46 NEW LOW PRICE - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)

Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)
Xenon lighting, HID kits, fog lights, BMW head units, navigation, speakers, subwoofers, In Car Electronics (I.C.E.), carputers, DDEs, angle eyes, halos, LED tail lights, interior lighting, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2018, 01:21 AM   #1
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 01 330Ci "Mia"
E9x Keyless Entry/start (PassiveGo) Retrofit for E46 NEW LOW PRICE

I'm selling my Keyless Entry kit from an E9x to go into an E46. Yes, this is a real thing. Proof:

and without the key inserted (full keyless):

Not much else to say other than this project isn't for the faint of heart. There is minor custom fab required but more importantly a lot of wiring, so you much be comfortable with tech in that sort. I have EVERYTHING you need except for wires and the custom board (I have schematics for you) which can be found here

What's included:
-2 key sensors
-door handle w/sensor (extra $30 - this is to experiment with touches entry - it seems very possible)
-antenna
-Key fob, DME, CAS
-Body control module
-Comfort access module
-button + ribbon

Asking $400+shipping for everything, so $370 if you don't want the door handle (since this bit is undocumented). Feel free to ask questions. You literally cannot buy all of this for this money, period. I price shopped and probably got everything here for $575 and haven't touched any of it since
DIY PROVIDED

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMWCCA GGC: 530872

Last edited by YoitsTmac; 05-17-2018 at 02:15 PM.
YoitsTmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:30 AM   #2
Mflara20

My Ride: 04 330i
How much you looking for it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Mflara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:02 AM   #3
YoitsTmac

500 shipped , with the Key/DME/CAS being the bulk of it. Finding a car with CAS4 and PassiveGo and with a key all for sale from the same vehicle is really tough to find. I think you'd be challenged to find all these parts individually for cheaper. PM me if interested at all
|

Last edited by YoitsTmac; 02-07-2018 at 02:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2018, 12:54 PM   #4
891CARLOS

My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
What's the difference between this kit and the PKE Chinese systems out there? Just thought I'd ask.

No offense but you can accomplish basically the same (unless Im missing something) with those Chinese kits. I installed one and had no issues, true keyless, remote start and the passive keyless entry.

Again, i might be missing something. I do like how your kit keeps oe spec as you need to insert the fob.

True Keyless Push Button System
Sports Steering Wheel
Eonon GA5150/Reverse Camera
HID projector retrofit + LED angel eyes
Smoked corners
Smoked LED Tails
Topspeedauto Catless Headers
Innovate LC1
Mtech ll Rear Bumper w/CF Diffuser
Vintage Gold 18" M3 Wheels
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #5
YoitsTmac

No offense taken. Yes, the system is largely the same with the Chinese systems. I checked your threads and couldn't find an example of your system, but this is definitely for people that prefer OEM solutions. I also believe your system works by recognizing the key in proximity (ex: 3ft for start or ~15ft to unlock). This system works exactly like an e9x. If you're on the passenger side of your locked car, and a random person tried the driver, it won't unlock. The start is the same. It must be very close/in the car for the car to accept the start. You also of course get an OEM push button, a key slot for the modern key, and the updated key. Basically anything that would make an E9x keyless entry different is what makes this different as well.

But as you said, yes. This is to keep it OE spec, you don't NEED to insert the fob (can be in your pocket ex), and allows for an OE experience between the button, the key style, and it's behavior. They updated fob alone is a cool way to make your E46 feel more modern, as some of them rightfully deserve.
|

Old 02-07-2018, 01:48 PM   #6
891CARLOS

My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
Cool, thanks for answering. Yeah my system receives signal from the key fob from 5ft away, it unlocks and activates the push start button. If no signal is received, it locks and diactivates push button. When remote start, all doors remain lock until you unlock via key fob and lock again if doors are not opened. I also have it set up to lock doors once the push button is press to start vehicle.

I'll check your thread on this, i think its a lot more involve but i do like how it keeps the oe design.

True Keyless Push Button System
Sports Steering Wheel
Eonon GA5150/Reverse Camera
HID projector retrofit + LED angel eyes
Smoked corners
Smoked LED Tails
Topspeedauto Catless Headers
Innovate LC1
Mtech ll Rear Bumper w/CF Diffuser
Vintage Gold 18" M3 Wheels
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #7
YoitsTmac

Yeah so that's the main difference. The thread is made by someone else, you can see it here, but it is at an intermediate level absolutely. This is why I abandoned the project.
|

Old 02-12-2018, 09:43 PM   #8
YoitsTmac

bump
|

Old 03-04-2018, 06:36 PM   #9
YoitsTmac

bump
|

Old 03-13-2018, 02:49 AM   #10
YoitsTmac

bump
|

Old 03-18-2018, 01:40 PM   #11
YoitsTmac

bump
|

Old 04-04-2018, 02:33 AM   #12
YoitsTmac

Bump

Sent from my iPad using E46Fanatics
|

Old 04-19-2018, 05:57 PM   #13
YoitsTmac

Bump

|

Old 04-30-2018, 12:01 PM   #14
RF_Engineer

My Ride: 2005 330i
I'm an electrical engineer, so the electronics shouldn't be an issue. I would prefer an OEM system like this. I'm picking up my first e46 in the next month. After doing any required maintenance on the vehicle, this will be my first mod for the car. If you still have this for sale in the next month or so, I may purchase from you.

If I can reach Blink977 to ask him some questions, I will love to do this mod. The only part that I may need help with is the coding.
RF_Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #15
CarbonZHP
Because Race...Convertible?

My Ride: goes choo choo
Year: 2004
Model: 330Cic ZHP
Transmission: AT->5MT->6MT
Interesting. With the Start button, does it require multiple presses to start or does it read the brake pedal as in the E90s for start?

Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
Instagram: @CarbonZHP
CarbonZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:35 AM   #16
YoitsTmac

Yeah there’s no coding I think since it’s “pre coded”and you’re just refinagling where signals are sent. And carbonzhp these things weren’t specified sadly. I assume yes to both but sadly can’t say either for certain. Price bump to $450 with door handle

|

Old 05-01-2018, 07:47 AM   #17
RF_Engineer

My Ride: 2005 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
Yeah there’s no coding I think since it’s “pre coded”and you’re just refinagling where signals are sent. And carbonzhp these things weren’t specified sadly. I assume yes to both but sadly can’t say either for certain. Price bump to $450 with door handle

Well the 2 button press requirement for starting could easily be remedied with an additional microcontroller and a few lines of code.

I would love to get with Blinky and maybe a few others who are interested and make OEM kits for these cars. People who want to keep the car as OEM as possible would probably go for it. Obviously there are cheap chinese kits to do this for you but I love all my cars to be OEM and you dont get that with these aftermarket kits.
RF_Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #18
YoitsTmac

|

Old 05-01-2018, 02:36 PM   #19
CarbonZHP
Because Race...Convertible?

My Ride: goes choo choo
Year: 2004
Model: 330Cic ZHP
Transmission: AT->5MT->6MT
Double post?

Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
Instagram: @CarbonZHP
CarbonZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:29 PM   #20
andrewrivera141

My Ride: e46 M
+1 I'm in

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
andrewrivera141 is offline   Reply With Quote