Help me pic my next BMW - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Help me pic my next BMW

My lease on my 2017 M4 will be up in April and Iím torn on what to do. Iím thinking of the new M3 but I donít think it will be out yet (I assume I can do a short term extension though if Iíd like to wait). Thatís the most likely since I think price/performance/look will be the best balance.

Iím also looking at the M340i and possibly the 840i Gran Coupe (small chance of the M840i)

I definitely need 4 doors and all wheel drive. I know only I can make my mind up but curious what everyoneís thoughts might be. Iíll answer any questions that can help steer me in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:37 PM   #2
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: 2008 e90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyllos View Post
my lease on my 2017 m4 will be up in april and iím torn on what to do. Iím thinking of the new m3 but i donít think it will be out yet (i assume i can do a short term extension though if iíd like to wait). Thatís the most likely since i think price/performance/look will be the best balance.

Iím also looking at the m340i and possibly the 840i gran coupe (small chance of the m840i)

i definitely need 4 doors and all wheel drive. I know only i can make my mind up but curious what everyoneís thoughts might be. Iíll answer any questions that can help steer me in the right direction.

Sent from my iphone using e46fanatics mobile app
x5m?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:07 PM   #3
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Something with room for little Solly's as the world needs some

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:47 PM   #4
kuksul08

My Ride: M3
How about an RS7?

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info:

S54 VANOS DIY Video:
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:12 PM   #5
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
i went merc and never looked back. i also like the idea of an rs7...those are .
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:52 PM   #6
bgsmith

All the Audi talk, my brother in law recently picked up an S5 and it is a beautiful car.

Old 11-08-2019, 10:54 PM   #7
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
All the Audi talk, my brother in law recently picked up an S5 and it is a beautiful car.
oh **** then that means your in laws should be buying you one as well.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:25 AM   #8
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
My lease on my 2017 M4 will be up in April and Iím torn on what to do. Iím thinking of the new M3 but I donít think it will be out yet (I assume I can do a short term extension though if Iíd like to wait). Thatís the most likely since I think price/performance/look will be the best balance.

Iím also looking at the M340i and possibly the 840i Gran Coupe (small chance of the M840i)

I definitely need 4 doors and all wheel drive. I know only I can make my mind up but curious what everyoneís thoughts might be. Iíll answer any questions that can help steer me in the right direction.

If you want the new M3, talk with your dealer and see if you can extend your lease. Going from an M4 to an M340i will feel like a performance downgrade; the M340i is a good car, but it's no F8X. The new G8X won't be out until late next year as a 2021.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:15 PM   #9
Knight

My Ride: SL63 | SHO | E46
Quote:
I definitely need 4 doors and all wheel drive.
Test drive the M340i, S4 and C43 AMG. My brother has the latest S4 and it is an excellent car.

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Knight; 11-09-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #10
DylloS

Thanks guys. X5m seems cool but I donít think I want an suv let.

I do love the audi rs5 though. Annoyed at the dealer that didnít let me test drive because ďitís a pain to get managers involvedĒ. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Old 11-09-2019, 02:11 PM   #11
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
If you want the new M3, talk with your dealer and see if you can extend your lease. Going from an M4 to an M340i will feel like a performance downgrade; the M340i is a good car, but it's no F8X. The new G8X won't be out until late next year as a 2021.

Yea thatís longer than I even expected. I should see if I can just extend this one until I can transition into the new m3

Old 11-09-2019, 02:33 PM   #12
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

Quote:
Yea thatís longer than I even expected. I should see if I can just extend this one until I can transition into the new m3

Thatís what I would do. The new G8X is going to be a performance monster.

Old 11-09-2019, 02:43 PM   #13
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
oh **** then that means your in laws should be buying you one as well.
It's not their son, its their daughters husband, but thanks for the input.

Old 11-09-2019, 02:48 PM   #14
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Solly with all this cash lying around I think SU needs full time counsel, I know a good locally grown guy looking to move home

Ps- he's jacked too
ďOur God commands us to be violent towards the kuffar (infidels). Who are we? The ummah [nation] of Mohammed. So [God] also commands us to be merciful to each other. So we will be merciful to each other. And we will be violent to the kuffar." - Turkish President Erdogan, November 2019

Last edited by Act of God; 11-09-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:53 PM   #15
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Solly with all this cash lying around I think SU needs full time counsel, I know a good locally grown guy looking to move home

Ps- he's jacked too

#hellaendorsementyo

Old 11-09-2019, 04:37 PM   #16
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post

Ps- he's jacked too

Ha we donít need anyone for that just yet! You know I love you know!

Old 11-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #17
Adamo99

My Ride: 911
Agree with the other Audi suggestions- I've owned a couple of them, and the S5 Sportback would be at the top of my list for a fun 4-door sedan.
Adamo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:29 PM   #18
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Get the blue one.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:45 PM   #19
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
Buy a VW Group product instead. BMW has lost the plot.

"When I feed the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist."
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:42 AM   #20
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamo99 View Post
Agree with the other Audi suggestions- I've owned a couple of them, and the S5 Sportback would be at the top of my list for a fun 4-door sedan.
This. Bonus points for RS5 SB. Modern BMW's don't appeal to me like the older ones did.

C63 or GLC63 AMG models are also fantastic. GLC is more large hot hatchback/wagon than SUV.

Last edited by SamDoe1; 11-11-2019 at 09:42 AM.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote