Stand your ground' killer sentenced to 20 years in slaying over parking space - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2019, 02:38 PM   #41
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hingham, MA
Posts: 1,164
My Ride: No longer an e46
^Exhibit A folks.

Xcelratr's logic: The guy may have said something mean so he deserved to be shot to death
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bgsmith; 10-14-2019 at 02:41 PM.
bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:52 PM   #42
WDE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Old Greg's Cavern
Posts: 13,037
My Ride: '13 128i STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
So you put telling someone not to park in a handicap spot (speech) in the same category as shoving someone to the ground (physical violence)???

And round and round we go...




Did he say "I'm going to shoot you if you don't move your car?" or did he say "What if someone in a wheelchair needs to park there?" in a highly raised voice? If you were that lady and he said the first, you'd be justifiably scared. If he said the second, being scared of harm becomes a lot less reasonable. However, the only reason her fear is relevant is if you're somehow claiming that the husband's attack on Drejka was justifiable because she communicated her fear to her husband. You obviously don't think the attack was justified, so her being afraid or not is irrelevant.

I agree that Drejka helped create an emotionally charged situation by inappropriately addressing someone's inappropriate behavior. But he's allowed to tell her she's a jackass for parking in an HC spot, and she's allowed to tell him to mind his own business. It's all free speech until the husband attacks Drejka.




Drop the whole "pregnant" and "kids in the car" . They're meaningless appeals to emotion. If Drejka was reasonably in fear of serious harm or death, he's not prevented from defending himself simply because there's a pregnant woman or children nearby. If Drejka wasn't reasonably in fear of serious harm or death, then shooting someone isn't justifiable regardless of the spectators. You've been spoon-fed this "poor victims" crap by the clickbait content generators and you're sucking it up and regurgitating it as if it matters.

Was the black guy saying "You think you're tough with a gun, I'm gonna go get my gun..." while turning away? Was he taking a step back and at the same time trying to save his pride by telling Drejka that he'd better stay down because if Drejka tries to get up, he's going to kill him?

The attack "unambiguously ended" to your dispassionate, objective hindsight sitting comfortably in your chair, watching a video over and over, analyzing it without fear or adrenaline, worried about nothing more than whether the internet will think you're right or wrong. Good for you.

You keep ing about CONTEXT but you conveniently forget that your Monday morning quarterbacking is biased by the context of not being in the situation as it unfolds.




You specifically stated:

The black man could've been charged with battery MAYBE but he'd easily get off with claiming he was defending his wife from a menacing person.

flip flop flip flop




Ahh, absolutes, they're what's for breakfast.

Sitting back watching the video in the air conditioning with no audio in my safe place, I'm 100% in agreement that it looks like the threat to Drejka was over by the time he pulled the trigger.

But CONTEXT matters (no really, it does, just ask WED64). We have to be very careful dispassionately judging people's split second decisions for not meeting our standards when they're making those decisions in the midst of surprise, shock, pain, anger, shame, pride, fear, heat, disorientation, etc.

"Your bias is showing" when you pretend like there's anyone absolutely right or absolutely wrong in this situation.

So OJ was innocent? NICE.
Mcglockton was guilty of battery I just think he would've gotten off pretty easily due to the circumstances. Try again you neanderthal.

Watch the video of the judge explaining why he got sentenced to 20 years. He completely disagrees with all of your points and there is direct evidence including witness testimony to support mine.

Drejka himself testified that Mcglockton took a step forward after he had drawn his gun AND THEN clarified by saying he would not be in the right to shoot Mcglockton if he had stepped back. Mcglockton stepped back. By his own admission and criteria he was wrong to shoot Mcglockton.

How's it feel to get bent over like that? You're wrong on all counts lmao. Stop wasting your time arguing something you don't even understand.

YOUR IGNORANCE KNOWS NO BOUNDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
^Exhibit A folks.

Xcelratr's logic: The guy may have said something mean so he deserved to be shot to death
But he can't extend this logic to the white man for some reason. What if Drejka was threatening to kill Mcglockton's wife? He's threatened to kill people in the past for parking in that spot illegally. Xcelratr would know this if he'd just watch a video.

His own words

Quote:
MD: It happened so fast and that was that.
GM: Did he say anything to you?
MD: Negative. Not a word.
GM: Okay. Okay. Did you say anything to him?
MD: No.
GM: Like, "Back up," or --
MD: No.
GM: Okay. Okay. So you draw your weapon. Talk -- talk to me about that. From -- from --
MD: Well, the way I was able to draw it, I couldn't even -- I couldn't level it with one hand. So I had to eventually try to bring my
left around for support.
GM: Okay.
MD: And, uh, he made his step towards me and that was that.
GM: How many steps did he make towards you?
MD: Just one step
Not even dazed by his own admission.

Quote:
MD: Dude, I haven't been hit like that since I was in my 20s.
GM: Okay. All right. So he shoves you to the ground. You fall to the ground?
MD: Correct.
GM: Okay.
MD: Slightly dazed. Not very, slightly.
GM: Okay. Do you hit your head?
MD: Don't know. Don't feel anything
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by WDE46; 10-14-2019 at 03:05 PM.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:01 PM   #43
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hingham, MA
Posts: 1,164
My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Mcglockton was guilty of battery I just think he would've gotten off pretty easily due to the circumstances. Try again you neanderthal.

Watch the video of the judge explaining why he got sentenced to 20 years. He completely disagrees with all of your points and there is direct evidence including witness testimony to support mine.

Drejka himself testified that Mcglockton took a step forward after he had drawn his gun AND THEN clarified by saying he would not be in the right to shoot Mcglockton if he had stepped back. Mcglockton stepped back. By his own admission and criteria he was wrong to shoot Mcglockton.

How's it feel to get bent over like that? You're wrong on all counts lmao. Stop wasting your time arguing something you don't even understand.

YOUR IGNORANCE KNOWS NO BOUNDS.



But he can't extend this logic to the white man for some reason. What if Drejka was threatening to kill Mcglockton's wife? He's threatened to kill people in the past for parking in that spot illegally. Xcelratr would know this if he'd just watch a video.

His own words
But he is in the clear lead on the e46 OT words per post leader board. So he's got that going for him, which is nice.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:09 PM   #44
WDE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Old Greg's Cavern
Posts: 13,037
My Ride: '13 128i STX
Quote:
GM: Okay. What happens if I told you that I looked at the video, and at no time in point does he come running up towards you?
He actually takes a step back?
MD: I would disagree.
GM: Okay. I -- I'm just asking. Okay.
MD: Yeah, I would disagree in a heartbeat.
hmmm

Quote:
GM: Okay. Did, um -- when the gentleman -- before you fired the gun, did he make any threats towards you after he pushed you?
MD: I never heard a word.
GM: Okay. So he didn't say, "I'm gonna kick your ass"?
MD: I never heard a word of anything
GM: You --
MD: Once I got hit, the only thing I heard was her, and I never heard him until he was hit, until he was shot.
HMMMMMMMMM Never heard a word! HMMMMMM

Why is it that I am able to find answers to so many of our questions and the usual suspects are incapable? Interesting. It's like they don't want to know the answers because they know there's a VERY good chance they're wrong and the 20 year manslaughter sentence fits perfectly.

Quote:
GM: Me, too. So, um, and we'll go -- dive back into the whole him shoving you and stuff like that.
MD: I think that's where it all lies.
GM: Sure. And the video and everything like that. Um, if -- let's say on the video -- I watched the video, whatever, and he -- he
doesn't approach you or make any steps towards you like you indicated. Um --
MD: Exactly what I saw, though.
GM: Okay. So you saw him come towards you?
MD: Yes, sir.
GM: Okay. What happens if he -- if he didn't come towards you, would you still have --
MD: Hell, no.
GM: -- fired a round?
MD: There's no reason to. If he's retreating then I don't need to use my firearm.
RR: What if he's just standing still?
MD: I still don't need to use any firearm
WHOA MORE JUICY UNKNOWABLE DETAILS! WHOA!!!!

As usual I'm willing to go deeper than anyone else here to find out actual information. It's almost like it's my job to learn things quickly and sort out bullshit from useful information to make decisions.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by WDE46; 10-14-2019 at 03:32 PM.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:20 PM   #45
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
You're misunderstanding the law, to no one's surprise. It doesn't matter what happened it matters how he perceived it at the time.

His perception:

Quote:
GM: Okay. What happens if I told you that I looked at the video, and at no time in point does he come running up towards you?
He actually takes a step back?
MD: I would disagree.
GM: Okay. I -- I'm just asking. Okay.
MD: Yeah, I would disagree in a heartbeat.
__________________
“Our God commands us to be violent towards the kuffar (infidels). Who are we? The ummah [nation] of Mohammed. So [God] also commands us to be merciful to each other. So we will be merciful to each other. And we will be violent to the kuffar." - Turkish President Erdogan, November 2019
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:31 PM   #46
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hingham, MA
Posts: 1,164
My Ride: No longer an e46
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:29 PM   #47
Stankia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Anywhere in an hour
Posts: 63
My Ride: Germans
Just when you think the usual idiots couldn't get more idiotic, they do.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:34 PM   #48
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
His perception is what matters legally, not yours watching a video drinking coffee
__________________
“Our God commands us to be violent towards the kuffar (infidels). Who are we? The ummah [nation] of Mohammed. So [God] also commands us to be merciful to each other. So we will be merciful to each other. And we will be violent to the kuffar." - Turkish President Erdogan, November 2019
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:48 PM   #49
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hingham, MA
Posts: 1,164
My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
His perception is what matters legally, not yours watching a video drinking coffee
Hey guess what, a jury didn't agree with him, and I am sure his recollection of the facts may have been a little skewed in his own favor considering he was on trial for killing a guy.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #50
WDE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Old Greg's Cavern
Posts: 13,037
My Ride: '13 128i STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
It doesn't matter what happened

Just quoting this for posterity. WOW
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:56 PM   #51
Brucifer325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 139
My Ride: 2007 Ford Edge
So, if I perceive AoG as an idiot, it doesn't matter if it's legally true, my perception is what counts?
__________________
Quote:
I'm doing something wrong with my life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese
BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:39 PM   #52
SamDoe1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 3,677
My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
So, if I perceive AoG as an idiot, it doesn't matter if it's legally true, my perception is what counts?
That's what I'm getting out of this thread.
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:19 AM   #53
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Hey guess what, a jury didn't agree with him, and I am sure his recollection of the facts may have been a little skewed in his own favor considering he was on trial for killing a guy.
You are correct, the jury didn't buy it and that's how this will go down in history. It doesn't change the fact that the jury charge relates to his perception at the time.

We've done this dance enough that you should understand the law by now, this isn't complex. It is whether or not the shooter reasonably believed he was in danger. That is the legal standard. Period.

A jury shouldn't even be allowed to see a slowed down version of the video (if they did). Frame-by-frame analysis is anything but a depiction of the real time event or how it would be perceived by someone that was just mack trucked from the blindside.
__________________
“Our God commands us to be violent towards the kuffar (infidels). Who are we? The ummah [nation] of Mohammed. So [God] also commands us to be merciful to each other. So we will be merciful to each other. And we will be violent to the kuffar." - Turkish President Erdogan, November 2019
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:25 AM   #54
WDE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Old Greg's Cavern
Posts: 13,037
My Ride: '13 128i STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
You are correct, the jury didn't buy it and that's how this will go down in history. It doesn't change the fact that the jury charge relates to his perception at the time.

We've done this dance enough that you should understand the law by now, this isn't complex. It is whether or not the shooter reasonably believed he was in danger. That is the legal standard. Period.

A jury shouldn't even be allowed to see a slowed down version of the video (if they did). Frame-by-frame analysis is anything but a depiction of the real time event or how it would be perceived by someone that was just mack trucked from the blindside.
Hey could you stop being so wrong all the time? How do you live with yourself? At work do they bring you in to meetings to make a decision so they can always do the opposite? I guess that makes you valuable to have around in your own unique way.

The jury considers his perception in the context of the events. Multiple witnesses said McGlockton stepped back. Drejka said he took a step forward and was starting on a second step. Drejka was clearly aware that if he said McGlockton took a step back, he would be admitting to shooting a retreating person. This doesn't mean he was lying. He can't perjure himself here since it's just "what he thought he saw." So it would be easy for him to just make this part up to cover his ass. Even if he didn't make that up and that's what he really though he saw, he was blatantly incorrect. I can't run a red light and kill multiple people and get off scott free just by saying "thought it was green lol sry".

I personally watched the video full speed the first time and wondered why it was necessary to shoot the guy after he clearly recoiled and was in retreat after seeing the firearm.

The other part YOU KEEP IGNORING is Drejka's irresponsible decision making. He deliberately put himself into situations with people that could become heated while he was armed. Please address this AOG. It's clearly relevant to the ordeal and why it was manslaughter and not murder. It's a fitting charge.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by WDE46; 10-15-2019 at 08:27 AM.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:29 AM   #55
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
You're invoking the "she was asking for it" argument, which is irrelevant in this context. He has every right to tell someone they can't park in a handicapped spot. In fact, you'd all be cheerleading if some black woman was screaming at a MAGA hat guy who illegally parked his pickup truck like that.

It is irrelevant in every way. Carrying a gun doesn't mean you have to ignore everyone and hold doors open for every person that walks by. If he wasn't assaulted by someone not even involved in the argument nothing would have happened.
__________________
“Our God commands us to be violent towards the kuffar (infidels). Who are we? The ummah [nation] of Mohammed. So [God] also commands us to be merciful to each other. So we will be merciful to each other. And we will be violent to the kuffar." - Turkish President Erdogan, November 2019
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:43 AM   #56
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,002
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
You are correct, the jury didn't buy it and that's how this will go down in history. It doesn't change the fact that the jury charge relates to his perception at the time.

We've done this dance enough that you should understand the law by now, this isn't complex. It is whether or not the shooter reasonably believed he was in danger. That is the legal standard. Period.

A jury shouldn't even be allowed to see a slowed down version of the video (if they did). Frame-by-frame analysis is anything but a depiction of the real time event or how it would be perceived by someone that was just mack trucked from the blindside.

this is just so stupid it's not even funny.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #57
WDE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Old Greg's Cavern
Posts: 13,037
My Ride: '13 128i STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
You're invoking the "she was asking for it" argument, which is irrelevant in this context. He has every right to tell someone they can't park in a handicapped spot. In fact, you'd all be cheerleading if some black woman was screaming at a MAGA hat guy who illegally parked his pickup truck like that.

It is irrelevant in every way. Carrying a gun doesn't mean you have to ignore everyone and hold doors open for every person that walks by. If he wasn't assaulted by someone not even involved in the argument nothing would have happened.
No I wouldn't cheer that at all. What a gross mischaracterization of me. This applies to any gun owner.

Carrying a gun means you do not engage in unnecessary activities that could rile people up or potentially escalate. Stop misconstruing what I'm saying you dishonest piece of ****. You could get manslaughter charges if you were carrying a gun, talked **** to some stranger essentially unprovoked, and then kill them with the gun when they attacked you and you'd deserve it.

It is ENTIRELY relevant to the ENTIRE case. If he didn't have prior incident and this was just some one-off instance with him, then he likely wouldn't have gotten a sentence or a much lighter one.

I am glad you likely do not carry a gun in your state. In your case gun control is working well to keep a gun out of the hands of a moron. You're going off the deep end for something that doesn't even matter. All you had to say in this case was "yeah I see how that context puts his actions in a different light for the jury". But since you have a toxic personality you dig in further. When M3 counters your point with a stupid point you say "good point". When I correct your terrible thinking you resist. hahaha so dumb.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by WDE46; 10-15-2019 at 10:11 AM.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:18 AM   #58
SPDSKTR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA
Posts: 2,222
My Ride: E46 ZHP TS2+ Coupe
ITT: Someone is angry a white man got locked up.
__________________
Quote:
Thread sucks so bad they moved it to the Feedback Forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:21 AM   #59
ed17331
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 20
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
No I wouldn't cheer that at all. What a gross mischaracterization of me. This applies to any gun owner.

Carrying a gun means you do not engage in unnecessary activities that could rile people up or potentially escalate. Stop misconstruing what I'm saying you dishonest piece of ****. You could get manslaughter charges if you were carrying a gun, talked **** to some stranger essentially unprovoked, and then kill them with the gun when they attacked you and you'd deserve it.

It is ENTIRELY relevant to the ENTIRE case. If he didn't have prior incident and this was just some one-off instance with him, then he likely wouldn't have gotten a sentence or a much lighter one.

I am glad you likely do not carry a gun in your state. In your case gun control is working well to keep a gun out of the hands of a moron. You're going off the deep end for something that doesn't even matter. All you had to say in this case was "yeah I see how that context puts his actions in a different light for the jury". But since you have a toxic personality you dig in further. When M3 counters your point with a stupid point you say "good point". When I correct your terrible thinking you resist. hahaha so dumb.


You can not argue with space genius. He smarter than er’body. He know space law. He got all answers.

Space lawyer > Street lawyer > stupid law school lawyers
ed17331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #60
WDE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Old Greg's Cavern
Posts: 13,037
My Ride: '13 128i STX
Stand your ground' killer sentenced to 20 years in slaying over parking space

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed17331 View Post
You can not argue with space genius. He smarter than er’body. He know space law. He got all answers.

Space lawyer > Street lawyer > stupid law school lawyers


In this case I’m literally explaining the judge’s and juror’s decision making process. AOG is literally denying what was factually taken into consideration and what added up to get the guy 20 years.


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by WDE46; 10-15-2019 at 10:34 AM.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.