Stand your ground' killer sentenced to 20 years in slaying over parking space - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #1
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Stand your ground' killer sentenced to 20 years in slaying over parking space

Wasn't there an entire thread about this, remember it being a hot topic around here for a while, saw this on Facebook today.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/stand-grou...ry?id=66182264

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bgsmith; 10-11-2019 at 09:50 AM.
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #2
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
"oh fvck"

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #3
MachRc
When Keepin' it real goes..

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Quote:
"You deserve to die in prison. In the Bible, it says that in order to get into heaven we must forgive those who trespass against us. At this point in my life, I am not there yet. And if it just so happens that the Lord chooses to take me before I come to terms with this, then I will see you in hell, where you and I will finish this. Mark my words."
gangsta

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You're like my north star on a black night. It's true, no limit to what we could do..
We could be kings.."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #4
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Best quote ever. I can almost imagine a line like that coming out of Al Pacino's mouth in an intense movie. Well, before he started sucking balls as an actor anyway.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #5
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Good. Fvck that guy.

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:08 PM   #6
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
I'm surprised, dead guy was clearly the aggressor and leveled him. Good case to appeal.
“Our God commands us to be violent towards the kuffar (infidels). Who are we? The ummah [nation] of Mohammed. So [God] also commands us to be merciful to each other. So we will be merciful to each other. And we will be violent to the kuffar." - Turkish President Erdogan, November 2019
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:11 PM   #7
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
Good. Americans need to learn to solve problems without guns.

"When I feed the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist."

Last edited by Stankia; 10-11-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:25 PM   #8
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
Good. Americans need to learn to solve problems without guns.
But he was aggressive AND black, according to AoG that = he deserves to be shot to death.

Pretty sure that is what AoG and TI were arguing in the original thread, guy was aggressive and possibly lethal in his actions so he deserved to get shot.

Old 10-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #9
WDE46

My Ride: '13 128i STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I'm surprised, dead guy was clearly the aggressor and leveled him. Good case to appeal.
The dude arrived to harass the woman in the car and less than 2 minutes later he has shot and killed a man. He was pushed to the ground and then the assailant put distance between them when he saw the gun. Drawing the gun was probably justified in that moment. Firing was not from what I just watched.

As a gun carrier he was responsible for creating this situation in the first place. He apparently parked illegally while harassing a lady for parking illegally while carrying a firearm. You DO NOT go seeking out situations to get involved in while carrying a gun. PERIOD. That's why it was manslaughter. I don't believe he went out anywhere with intent to kill someone but he did go out with intent to harass people for minuscule things to get his rocks off knowing he had a gun just in case things went wrong for him. It should serve as an excellent precedent for other overly emboldened gun owners who think they're some hero.

You also have to consider that man was defending his own PREGNANT wife from some redneck asshole. This wasn't just some guy walking up to another random guy and shoving him to the ground for no reason. Don't harass someone's pregnant wife if you don't want to get beat down (same logic as don't push someone if you don't want to get shot which is absurd escalation).

Last edited by WDE46; 10-11-2019 at 04:21 PM.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:22 PM   #10
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
One person initiated violence, and he died.
“Our God commands us to be violent towards the kuffar (infidels). Who are we? The ummah [nation] of Mohammed. So [God] also commands us to be merciful to each other. So we will be merciful to each other. And we will be violent to the kuffar." - Turkish President Erdogan, November 2019
Old 10-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #11
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
But he was aggressive AND black, according to AoG that = he deserves to be shot to death.

Pretty sure that is what AoG and TI were arguing in the original thread, guy was aggressive and possibly lethal in his actions so he deserved to get shot.
Did you watch the video? Dude (sucker punched) leveled the shooter like a blindside NHL check. Of course a deranged jerkoff lie yourself makes this racial while wholly ignoring the fact that only one person decided that violence is the first response to the situation.

Not, "whoah whoah woah hey man what's going on?" Nope, he decided to attack someone from behind to start things off.

Then again, he's black so you expect less from him. All hail white savior!

Last edited by Act of God; 10-11-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:32 PM   #12
bgsmith

Quote:
Yeah and he didn’t deserve to, so the piece of **** that killed him is going to jail for a long time.

Old 10-11-2019, 08:36 PM   #13
WDE46

Quote:

It’s a good things courts consider context and not just a single action inside a vacuum you dumb ****. There is absolutely no way you’re a lawyer.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

Last edited by WDE46; 10-11-2019 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:31 PM   #14
bgsmith

Let's take a poll, who thinks AoG would have a very different opinion of this situation had the shooter been black???

Old 10-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #15
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Let's take a poll, who thinks AoG would have a very different opinion of this situation had the shooter been black???

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:41 PM   #16
WDE46

Quote:

It wouldn’t have ever been posted or made the news lmao

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

Last edited by WDE46; 10-11-2019 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:28 PM   #17
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Did you watch the video? Dude (sucker punched) leveled the shooter like a blindside NHL check. Of course a deranged jerkoff lie yourself makes this racial while wholly ignoring the fact that only one person decided that violence is the first response to the situation.

Not, "whoah whoah woah hey man what's going on?" Nope, he decided to attack someone from behind to start things off.

Then again, he's black so you expect less from him. All hail white savior!

i slapped a guy once for spitting close to my ex wife and being a dick about it. i deserve to be shot then by his 4 friends that didn't do ****. i wonder if i called your wife a cvnt bitch in the parking lot if you would just say "hey man that's not nice".
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:48 AM   #18
Act of God

Quote:
you've devolved into a total npc tool, it's like you can't even have a conversation anymore.

My opinion is based 100% on the video. The pregnant chick was reportedly illegally parked (her fault), the shooter was a dick about it, he didn't touch her, advance on her or visibly threaten her. Her boyfriend (dead) blindsided the dude and then stood over him.

If you're hit from behind you're going to be disoriented. If any of you have played football or any contact sport you know how it feels when you get hit and you didn't see it coming. The dude pulled his gun and shot within seconds of being assaulted. You can't break down a video frame by frame and decide what was reasonable and what was not reasonable when the shooter was reacting within a second or two.

Additionally, the races of the people shouldn't even be part of the story considering 90% of these incidents are black on white...and that's never the story. This is truly man bites dog.

At the end of the day, as I already said, one person in that altercation initiated violence and unnecessarily escalated the situation. Not statistically surprisingly it was a black-on-white assault.

That being said a jury found him guilty and that's how the system works. Perhaps his appeal will be successful, perhaps it will not. Either way, the lesson here is do not initiate violence. I'd rather be in jail than dead.

(and no mistrzmiasta, I wouldn't go punching people that insulted my wife. I'm an adult and have nothing to prove)
Old 10-12-2019, 09:15 AM   #19
Black///M

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
I think the discrepancy is that the video shows something that could be argued as a "self defense" stance. But what we don't know is how the guy presented himself during trial and the quality of his defense.
Black///M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #20
bgsmith

Ahhhhhh AoG is implementing the often used "Last Boy Scout" football defense.

And once again we learn what an absolute badass mistrzmiasta is, he's so cool.