The Electric Bike Thread - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2019, 01:52 PM   #41
trizzuth

My Ride: Best M5 ever made
Need to go to the ATM and grab some Chinese for lunch while I am working at home?

Take the m5 out and barely get her oil warm?? I think not! Ebike time baby!

Itís really like having a third car to prevent unnecessary miles on the m5.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3092.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	784983

Oh, and 31.1 mph achieved this weekend..

Name:	IMG_3056.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	784985

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

2003 BMW E39 M5 - Current!
2001 BMW 330i - Totaled at 236K :(
1996 Mitsubishi Galant S - gone at 121K
1993 Volvo 850 GLT - gone at 89K
1987 BMW 325 - gone at 238K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 01:11 PM   #42
ed17331

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
The Electric Bike Thread

Glad that you are enjoying your new toy. It looks practical and fun. Keep posting your adventures.

Last edited by ed17331; 10-01-2019 at 01:11 PM.
ed17331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:05 PM   #43
trizzuth

Where should I go on my new adventure today?

I'm angry I haven't had a chance to ride my eBike in 2 days, yesterday all rain and thursday I was busy all afternoon.

Thinking I might test out a night ride this evening now that it's darker out faster. Might be pretty chilly, but I welcome that weather, F the summer heat. hmmm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-04-2019, 04:17 PM   #44
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Go find someone with a moped and do a drag race.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 07:59 AM   #45
trizzuth

My buddy came over last night for a while and I tossed him up on this thing. He was so freed, he looked like the wicked witch of the west flying around on a bicycle, I lol'd.

Wife has now purchased on as well, coming in this Friday, so now we can go places together. I still think I'll be dusting her though.

Found a pretty serious issue on my bike, as I keep it in 7th gear continually cause I like to go fast. While in 7th gear, it's continually cross-chaining and the chain is rubbing against the 6th gear. This should not be happening on a bike that has no front derailleur and only one large chainring up front. I have contacted Lectric to see what they say. Don't want to be replacing chains ever 200 miles!!!!

Also, I just ordered up a new rear cassette that has less teeth on the smaller gears so I should be able to feel resistance and lay down some torque when the bike is in it's highest setting now and hopefully be able to increase my top speed a bunch more (like I need it, HA). People have reported there is an immediate and way better difference with this new rear cassette. Should be a quick swap.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:22 AM   #46
ed17331

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Go find someone with a moped and do a drag queen race.

...and be sure and post video of it here.
ed17331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:44 AM   #47
capitasio

My Ride: BMW x6
Ride1Up 500 SERIES MTB
It is the Best Electric Bike Under $1,500
While there are some great bargains out there in the world of electric bikes, the best deal does not necessarily equate to the model with the lowest price.
capitasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:16 PM   #48
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitasio View Post
Ride1Up 500 SERIES MTB
It is the Best Electric Bike Under $1,500
While there are some great bargains out there in the world of electric bikes, the best deal does not necessarily equate to the model with the lowest price.
Kinda cool, but a totally different bike, so there are some similarities and gaps in other spots.

Most of the electric functionality appears to be identical, but while this bike has 3 levels of pedal assist, the Lectric XP has 5.

In addition, it takes a lot more torque and power to spin a giant 27.5" wheel compared to a smaller 20" wheel, so the take off and acceleration would not be nearly as impressive, but I am sure that once you got going, it is a good deal.

It doesn't fold down either, but it's a different bike setup being more like an MTB and you wouldn't want that kinda bike to fold.

Does not have more range, has same battery, same power, same hub motor more or less, same mechanical disc brakes, does not come with fenders or a rear rack, looks a bit cooler, but for $300 more than I paid, mine still is better and more practical for my application.

Old 10-24-2019, 02:45 PM   #49
trizzuth

HOLY SMOKES, look what i just came across!

The Ducati MIG-RR was first presented a year ago at EICMA, giving Ducati an entrance to the e-bike market. This year the company is showing off a trio of new bikes.

The MIG-RR Limited (foreground) will be built in a run of just 50 bikes worldwide. It features Ohlins suspension, carbon wheels, and an electronically-shifted gearbox. It is kitted out in a special Ducati Corse livery. It will probably come with a super premium price.

In the middle is the MIG-S, which is a performance-oriented mountain bike with electric assist. This is a less-expensive version of the MIG-RR, which is a good thing, because the MIG-RR is about $7,0oo.

And on the end is the one I really want, the new E-Scrambler. It's a street-oriented electric assist bike. This will be the least expensive of the three, for sure.

No word on power or cost for any of these three.

I gotta say, 7 Grand seems cheap for a top of the line model Ducati branded mountain e-bike with Ohlins suspension!!! Impressive.

Last edited by trizzuth; 10-24-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:29 AM   #50
trizzuth

The Electric Bike Thread

My eBike now has over 100 miles on the ODO and got there pretty quickly. I've replaced the rear cassette with one that has only 11 teeth on the smallest cog so I can actually feel some resistance in 7th gear when I am going 25mph. I'm hoping that it will allow me to maintain near 30mph over short, 1 minute burts of pedaling with pedal assist #5.

My wife now has a white eBike like mine, exact same thing, just white. We have yet to do a bar cruise because it got all like cold and dark and stuff recently. Sucks.

Name:	IMG_3358.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	787509

Last edited by trizzuth; 11-08-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:14 PM   #51
trizzuth

OH SNAP

Black Friday Sale Starts Now!
There's only one thing better than a Black Friday sale - and that's an early Black Friday sale!

As a special thank you, we've decided to begin our Black Friday sale immediately! This will ensure you will receive your bike before the close of the holiday season and you won't need to wait to begin your celebrations - or your riding!

We are thrilled to announce our special Lectric XP holiday sale price of $879! The price of our Lectric XP bikes has never been lower and will not be this low again! Order early to ensure the earliest shipment date. This sale ends December 1st!

At Lectric eBikes we have focused our efforts on organic growth. We have never spent money on traditional advertising. We have achieved success through your amazing efforts and have grown into a community of over 6,000 riders since our launch in May. This holiday season will be the first time we utilize traditional advertising and we are expecting to sell out of all inventory by Christmas. If you are planning to order a bike for yourself or a loved one please be sure to spread the word - and act now!

Unfortunately, once all of our bikes are sold, we won't have any additional bikes available until early 2020 and the price will be higher. Also, make sure you check our website for special sale prices on batteries, suspension seat posts, and pannier bags!

This is the season to celebrate our many blessings. At Lectric eBikes we celebrate the thousands of customers who have joined us in our journey to make quality electric bikes available at an affordable price. We celebrate our many friends and advocates who have supported us and encouraged us along the way. We celebrate those who are casual followers of our company with the hope they will join our family of riders. We celebrate you!

Thank you for riding with us.

Levi, CEO
Lectric eBikes

Old 11-15-2019, 01:14 PM   #52
trizzuth

OH SNAP

Black Friday Sale Starts Now!
There's only one thing better than a Black Friday sale - and that's an early Black Friday sale!

As a special thank you, we've decided to begin our Black Friday sale immediately! This will ensure you will receive your bike before the close of the holiday season and you won't need to wait to begin your celebrations - or your riding!

We are thrilled to announce our special Lectric XP holiday sale price of $879! The price of our Lectric XP bikes has never been lower and will not be this low again! Order early to ensure the earliest shipment date. This sale ends December 1st!

At Lectric eBikes we have focused our efforts on organic growth. We have never spent money on traditional advertising. We have achieved success through your amazing efforts and have grown into a community of over 6,000 riders since our launch in May. This holiday season will be the first time we utilize traditional advertising and we are expecting to sell out of all inventory by Christmas. If you are planning to order a bike for yourself or a loved one please be sure to spread the word - and act now!

Unfortunately, once all of our bikes are sold, we won't have any additional bikes available until early 2020 and the price will be higher. Also, make sure you check our website for special sale prices on batteries, suspension seat posts, and pannier bags!

This is the season to celebrate our many blessings. At Lectric eBikes we celebrate the thousands of customers who have joined us in our journey to make quality electric bikes available at an affordable price. We celebrate our many friends and advocates who have supported us and encouraged us along the way. We celebrate those who are casual followers of our company with the hope they will join our family of riders. We celebrate you!

Thank you for riding with us.

Levi, CEO
Lectric eBikes

Old 11-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #53
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Definitely a stockholder

bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote