Most busted tool you use in your garage... - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2019, 04:36 PM   #21
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
I'd imagine the same thing goes for Matco and Mac tools as well. The sad part is that the people buying these tools are sold them on the basis of quality...when they could just open a Home Depot card and buy some equally good Husky tools that would last just as long and have a similar warranty for a quarter of the price.
I used to go on an annual golf trip with a bunch of Snap-On guys, some of them were ruthless, they would find out there was a new guy starting at a garage or dealership and show up and just put a toolbox in their workspace and refuse to leave until they agreed to buy/finance it.

They would also do this with existing customers when something new would come out, their pitch was the payment you have been making for years will stay the same so why not upgrade.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:05 PM   #22
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E46 ZHP TS2+ Coupe
My 13mm sockets are covered in remnants of melted transmission mounts, oil, and who the hell knows what other kinds of fluids.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:28 PM   #23
alan53

My Ride: bmw E46 330ci
Year: 2004
Model: 3 series
Transmission: 6 speed
Send a message via Yahoo to alan53
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Yup, everything is disposable, the fridge that came with our house is black, rest of the appliances are stainless, kind of drives me nuts but I know if I spend $1500-2500 on a new fridge it will probably be dead in a few years so I am holding onto this one for a while longer.

Like you said this can be applied to almost anything manufactured today.
Have you considered wrapping your fridge maybe theres a stainless wrap.
alan53 is offline   Reply With Quote