The OFFICIAL Celebrity/Politician Sex Abuse Scandal Thread - Page 4 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #61
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR

Sent while enjoying a warm cup of Zell covfefe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BreakfastBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #62
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogetyBoogety View Post
Bill Clinton was also tarred with the rape brush by several attention-seeking ladies along the same time as the Gennifer Flowers incident came to light. My apologies for not fitting into your narrative, but it is what it is. Check it out sometime.

Once allegations of this type pop up, the potential perp basically has no out regardless of what he says. A denial is greeted with the same hoots as a confession. Analogous to the old "have you stopped beating your wife yet?" question from the wily lawyer trying to muddy some guy's sterling reputation in front of a jury... No answer is ever going to work.

Not to say the allegations aren't true sometimes, just that it is impossible to successfully or fairly fight them once they see the light of day...
I've heard the stories about Bill Clinton, and I'm sure quite a few are true, but I'm sure that a few are also just looking for spotlight. It's also one thing to elect a president with multiple accusations and another thing to re-elect a president with multiple accusations. Neither is right, but a president is more likely to be re-elected then to be elected new. Also, was Bill Clinton ever actually found guilty of anything like that?
Old 11-11-2017, 03:42 PM   #63
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2007 Ford Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakfastBurrito View Post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese
BMWCCA# 147961

Last edited by Brucifer325; 11-11-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:46 PM   #64
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
She jelly

BreakfastBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:59 PM   #65
ed17331

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Sophia Loren and Jane Mansfield in 1957.
ed17331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:00 PM   #66
BoogetyBoogety

My Ride: 2010 SL550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
I've heard the stories about Bill Clinton, and I'm sure quite a few are true, but I'm sure that a few are also just looking for spotlight. It's also one thing to elect a president with multiple accusations and another thing to re-elect a president with multiple accusations. Neither is right, but a president is more likely to be re-elected then to be elected new. Also, was Bill Clinton ever actually found guilty of anything like that?
Nobody gives a good goddamn about Bill Clinton's many sexual adventures a quarter of a century ago (or last weekend, if any, for that matter. For sure HRC is not letting him anywhere near her ever again). Now we've got this superstitious finger-wagging holy roller evangelical darling (and Alabama Republican Senate candidate) Roy Moore, alleged pervert extraordinaire, who is accused of dallying with a very young teen, and supposedly several others of her ilk, back in his hoary 30s. (His whoary 30s? Hah!). Nobody gives a crap about him either...

Now, historically, only if a president seriously screws something meaningful up does it mean he won't be relected. Just ask our good friend GHWB, as soon as 41's "read my lips" pledge of "no new taxes" hit the dirt (done in by Congress and the Senate, not by him), his reelection campaign dissolved into a gummy mess, and Bill Clinton took over, mistresses and love affairs and cheating and all. Because unless it hits them in the pocketbook, voters don't give a good goddamn about the occupants of the White House, as long as they walk their preferred party line. The days of strong, virulent controversy over Reagan being a divorced and remarried man are long over.

If Trump is not impeached or otherwise run off or assassinated by some angry yahoo, and his numbers still look down in a couple of years, look for him to decline to run for reelection in 2020... Because a flaming egotistical narcissist like Trump would rather walk away from something and be thought of as an unvanquished hero, than suffer an ignominious loss and lose face in front of his adoring public. Just you watch...
BoogetyBoogety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #67
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Kewl insight
“Our God commands us to be violent towards the kuffar (infidels). Who are we? The ummah [nation] of Mohammed. So [God] also commands us to be merciful to each other. So we will be merciful to each other. And we will be violent to the kuffar." - Turkish President Erdogan, November 2019
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #68
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
“Our God commands us to be violent towards the kuffar (infidels). Who are we? The ummah [nation] of Mohammed. So [God] also commands us to be merciful to each other. So we will be merciful to each other. And we will be violent to the kuffar." - Turkish President Erdogan, November 2019
Old 11-12-2017, 06:46 PM   #69
Act of God

oops

Old 11-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #70
allikanbe

My Ride: 2013 335is vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Fvck you.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
good comeback.
allikanbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #71
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: SG E46, SGM GTI
..... lol

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:11 AM   #72
wild willy

My Ride: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
I'll say it...... Besides no one starting a thread about this .... I'm more surprised (not really) that all these victims accepted what was happening and used it to get movie/tv/whatever roles, used that for so many years, made so many $MM of dollars.... and now are whistleblowers.
^^ Enough Said^
wild willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:06 AM   #73
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogetyBoogety View Post
Nobody gives a good goddamn about Bill Clinton's many sexual adventures a quarter of a century ago (or last weekend, if any, for that matter. For sure HRC is not letting him anywhere near her ever again). Now we've got this superstitious finger-wagging holy roller evangelical darling (and Alabama Republican Senate candidate) Roy Moore, alleged pervert extraordinaire, who is accused of dallying with a very young teen, and supposedly several others of her ilk, back in his hoary 30s. (His whoary 30s? Hah!). Nobody gives a crap about him either...
The Roy Moore thing is fairly disturbing....not for the accusation itself (which if true is plenty creepy), but that people are rushing to his defense with the bible as their backup. Even more creepy is that this type of behavior (adult men being married to <18 teens) is something that is supposedly normal in certain evangelical circles

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #74
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

My Ride: Yukon, E92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
The Roy Moore thing is fairly disturbing....not for the accusation itself (which if true is plenty creepy), but that people are rushing to his defense with the bible as their backup. Even more creepy is that this type of behavior (adult men being married to <18 teens) is something that is supposedly normal in certain evangelical circles
God works in mysterious ways. Let us not question His wisdom, for we will be rewarded in the afterlife.

Roll tide

Last edited by cowmoo32; 11-13-2017 at 10:20 AM.
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:57 AM   #75
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
It's horrifying. It never ceases to amaze me what people will seek to justify in an effort to maintain/gain political power.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #76
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
I'll say it...... Besides no one starting a thread about this .... I'm more surprised (not really) that all these victims accepted what was happening and used it to get movie/tv/whatever roles, used that for so many years, made so many $MM of dollars.... and now are whistleblowers.
Thinking more about this (now that, predictably, people are making this same argument to protect Roy Moore)--I think that the timing is unfortunate, but in a lot of these situations the victims probably just want to be left alone. They don't want to be the next Anita Hill or Juanita Broaddrick.

So although I don't doubt that there are people looking to make a quick buck from outing a powerful sexual abuser, I think most of them are in the "enough is enough" category. But I could be totally wrong--maybe they are all just a bunch of opportunists.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #77
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Thinking more about this (now that, predictably, people are making this same argument to protect Roy Moore)--I think that the timing is unfortunate, but in a lot of these situations the victims probably just want to be left alone. They don't want to be the next Anita Hill or Juanita Broaddrick.

So although I don't doubt that there are people looking to make a quick buck from outing a powerful sexual abuser, I think most of them are in the "enough is enough" category. But I could be totally wrong--maybe they are all just a bunch of opportunists.
I think it is a combination of all of these, some are out for a quick buck and some, while wanting to be left alone (ie: not wanting to be the next Anita Hill or Juanita Broaddrick) see this mass flood of accusers as a reason to come forward since they won't be alone so to speak.

I just find it ridiculous that so many people's lives and actions are now driven by the media/social media.

bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:55 PM   #78
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Creepy, indeed. I wonder what the creepy Swedes are using as their backup?

Quote:
Embracing New Cultures: Sweden Condones Child Marriage for Immigrants

At present, Swedish legislation on child marriages seems to be applied differently in different municipalities. Earlier this year, the Administrative Court of Växjö ruled that a 14-year-old pregnant girl could be placed with her adult husband's immigrant family, arguing that this was part of their culture. Remarkably, both the girl and her spouse were highly critical of the Swedish law banning underage marriage.
https://sputniknews.com/europe/20170...hild-marriage/

I think the lesson here is that if Christians want to do something creepy, it should be ridiculed and outlawed. But if non-Christians want to do the same thing, it should be embraced as a cultural norm. At least according to the infallible and enlightened Swedes, amirite, Dhumb?
Old 11-13-2017, 02:28 PM   #79
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Mariah Carey was accused last week as well. Oh boy!
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:48 PM   #80
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
A long but worthwhile read from 1998* that should remind most of us and inform the rest of us that the Roy Moore phenomenon and all its ugliness is nothing new.

https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/...iams199805/amp

*Article was published in Vanity Fair in 1998 but the byline shows incorrectly as online 2007.