Let's Talk Online Order Mattresses - Page 5 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2017, 01:01 PM   #81
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
I saw an s2k behind a wrangler while walking to work yesterday, almost took a picture, I could have framed it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:22 PM   #82
boostedisbetter

My Ride: eIght tHoSnd 200!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
I saw an s2k behind a wrangler while walking to work yesterday, almost took a picture, I could have framed it.
At one point I had a Tacoma and an S2k... Does that make your weenie tingle?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:00 PM   #83
trizzuth

My Ride: Best M5 ever made
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Over Christmas, I bought a king size Novaform 14" Serafina Pearl Gel from Costco for $800.00 Consumer Reports had it rated very high, I love it.
^^ sounds like a sex toy

2003 BMW E39 M5 - Current!
2001 BMW 330i - Totaled at 236K :(
1996 Mitsubishi Galant S - gone at 121K
1993 Volvo 850 GLT - gone at 89K
1987 BMW 325 - gone at 238K

trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:09 PM   #84
Chris3Duke

WTF is going on with this thread? This is actually a good topic, but almost no info, except a bunch of random Amazon mattresses and one guy each posting about Leesa and Casper.

We own both a Leesa and a Tuft&Needle. Even though the Leesa is the more expensive mattress, and the better reviewed one, my wife and I prefer the Tuft&Needle. It's firmer and has better edge support.

I'm a fan of foam mattresses. Reasonably priced, convenient to set up, and comfortable. Doubt I'll go back to a conventional mattress again.

Last edited by Chris3Duke; 03-08-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Chris3Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #85
brew

My Ride: F150 X5 MR2
Costco. Satisfaction guaranteed warranty. Don't like it after a year? Return it.

We went from a $1,400 mattress to a $650 Sealy from Costco.
brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:25 PM   #86
boostedisbetter

My Ride: eIght tHoSnd 200!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3Duke View Post
WTF is going on with this thread? This is actually a good topic, but almost no info, except a bunch of random Amazon mattresses and one guy each posting about Leesa and Casper.

We own both a Leesa and a Tuft&Needle. Even though the Leesa is the more expensive mattress, and the better reviewed one, my wife and I prefer the Tuft&Needle. It's firmer and has better edge support.

I'm a fan of foam mattresses. Reasonably priced, convenient to set up, and comfortable. Doubt I'll go back to a conventional mattress again.
If you don't have any jeep or S2k comments... THERE's the door. Sheeesh.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 03-09-2017 at 01:25 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:25 PM   #87
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Tell me more about this if you don't mind. How much do you weigh, height? Would you consider this more on the firmer side or softer side?

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative, but I want a mattress on the firmer side. I don't care about longevity, if it is a good mattress that needs replacing every 3-4 years it would take me 50 years to spend the amount a ridiculous mattress would cost.

Is it a 10 inch?

JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:06 PM   #88
-Ross-
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Fit/Kawi KLX250
Can someone recommend a good firm mattress? I need something to recover from the sweet off-roading I do in my Wrangler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent about $2k on a Sterns and Foster bed a few years ago and it's already a POS.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:27 PM   #89
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2007 Ford Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ross- View Post
Can someone recommend a good firm mattress? I need something to recover from the sweet off-roading I do in my Wrangler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent about $2k on a Sterns and Foster bed a few years ago and it's already a POS.
on Sterns & Foster. Same story. Not really worth trying to do anything with the warranty since the pillowtop defeats the string test.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese
BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #90
Knight

My Ride: SL63 | SHO | E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
Tell me more about this if you don't mind. How much do you weigh, height? Would you consider this more on the firmer side or softer side?

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative, but I want a mattress on the firmer side. I don't care about longevity, if it is a good mattress that needs replacing every 3-4 years it would take me 50 years to spend the amount a ridiculous mattress would cost.

Is it a 10 inch?
Yes, I went with the 10" mattress. 5 months in, no issues.

I'm 5'10" and weigh 200 lbs. Feels medium-firm to me. The top-most layer is soft but it gets firmer further in and I don't sink into it at all.

Seems like the first half of the mattress is made of soft layers while the lower half is more rigid foam.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my sleep quality on it. Hope this helps.

|
|
|
|
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:04 PM   #91
-Ross-
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Fit/Kawi KLX250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
on Sterns & Foster. Same story. Not really worth trying to do anything with the warranty since the pillowtop defeats the string test.
Same here. I spent some time looking it up and general consensus was they suck and the low spot has to be 1.25" or something. I'm single and not fat. Pretty disappointed for what I spent.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using E46Fanatics mobile app
Old 03-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #92
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Yes, I went with the 10" mattress. 5 months in, no issues.

I'm 5'10" and weigh 200 lbs. Feels medium-firm to me. The top-most layer is soft but it gets firmer further in and I don't sink into it at all.

Seems like the first half of the mattress is made of soft layers while the lower half is more rigid foam.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my sleep quality on it. Hope this helps.
Sold

Thank you for the help

Last edited by JJR4884; 03-09-2017 at 04:12 PM.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:19 PM   #93
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
Sold

Thank you for the help
Anytime.

|
|
|
|
Old 11-11-2019, 01:15 PM   #94
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Bump. Two years later and I still haven't bought a new mattress. Any new opinions out there?
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #95
bgsmith

No

Old 11-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #96
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #97
bgsmith

Sorry

Old 11-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #98
Knight

Upgraded to this one over the summer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Paid $320, courtesy of a Prime Day deal they had going at the time.

After a few months, pretty happy with it and the "cooling gel" gimmick must have some merit considering that my wife and I are both furnaces yet sleep comfortably on it.

|
|
|
|