iGO Primo Issues/Tweaks/Systxt thread - Page 34 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Mobile Electronics Forum

Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 268 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #661
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFlip#2 View Post
which maps do I need for North America. Can you anyone help me please

I clicked the link but there was like 6 different links. Sorry for being a pain in the ass
Click where it says North America, the download is in seperate parts.
Come on guys surely these aren't serious questions.??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Darkoz; 07-23-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #662
jimmyb313

My Ride: bmw 316 ti 2003
altitude

a MASSIVE thanks to darkoz for sharing his primo 1.2
i use it on a 7in chinese unit and it works brilliantly.
i have a couple of questions which may sound silly but anyhoo..
1.the primo 1.2 works everything except the altitude.(will say 62ft or similar when i switch on but does not change)
2.i saw somewhere on the forum how to get the tmc button and menu showing on primo and have now done so,but do i need another piece of equipment to get it to work. i.e. scan which it isnt doing now.
again many thanks to all on this forum with higher brain functions that keep the rest of us right.
jimmyb313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #663
HellsBells

My Ride: 2009 335XI
I am on V5, running iGo Primo 2.1, I also have the diMkaWA skin. I am having a problem with the nav hanging up on me and not restarting. I am having to reset everyday.
I am going to try upgrading from a 4gb card to a 16gb, but this may have something to do with my sys.txt file so I want to rule that out.

Having said that, does anyone have a clean sys.txt file that they use with the above set up that you can post? This reset is becoming a PITA. I would kindly appreciate it!
HellsBells is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2011, 05:02 AM   #664
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsBells View Post
I am on V5, running iGo Primo 2.1, I also have the diMkaWA skin. I am having a problem with the nav hanging up on me and not restarting. I am having to reset everyday.
I am going to try upgrading from a 4gb card to a 16gb, but this may have something to do with my sys.txt file so I want to rule that out.

Having said that, does anyone have a clean sys.txt file that they use with the above set up that you can post? This reset is becoming a PITA. I would kindly appreciate it!
First of all make sure you have the correct diMkaWA skin for Primo 1.2 and not an earlier one for Primo 1.1.
Then I would remove the skin from your SD card and just use the default Primo skin and see if it makes any difference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #665
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
First of all make sure you have the correct diMkaWA skin for Primo 1.2 and not an earlier one for Primo 1.1.
Then I would remove the skin from your SD card and just use the default Primo skin and see if it makes any difference.
OK thanks, the skin is version 3.10 is that the correct one?
I will try removing the skin and see if that corrects the issue.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #666
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsBells View Post
OK thanks, the skin is version 3.10 is that the correct one?
I will try removing the skin and see if that corrects the issue.
Not sure about the custom skin version as I don't use them
But at least to troubleshoot it's worth removing the custom skin to narrow down what may be causing any issues

Old 07-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #667
HellsBells

Quote:
Not sure about the custom skin version as I don't use them
But at least to troubleshoot it's worth removing the custom skin to narrow down what may be causing any issues
yes, agreed, good idea. Wait... you don't use them?? I thought you were the custom guy?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #668
tothpl

My Ride: 2001 996 TT
darkoz, i just read through the entire thread, my issue being 'out of memory' error on primo1.2. let me list off what ive tried (and doesnt work):
8gb card w/ 8, 8.3, primo (all working);
re-downloaded primo1.2/maps;
copied maps from primo;(following tries made with DL maps)
deleted/formatted on mac;
deleted/formatted on pc;
new 8gb hc level 10 high speed card, primo1.2 only;
new card, primo1.2 only, deleted/empty sys.txt;(sys.txt file but nothing in it)
new card, primo1.2 only, copied save file from primo.
new card, primo1.2 only, copied save file from primo(folder only, no file inside)
new card, primo1.2 only, debug entry in sys.txt
(all tries on new card done with pc)

file path on dynavin set to storagecard/igoprimo/primo.exe every try.
maps set to content/maps.

ive tried everything that i could find on a few message boards. please help!!

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car,
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
tothpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #669
swainer

My Ride: 2004 BMW X5
Send a message via AIM to swainer
ive tried everything that i could find on a few message boards. please help!![/QUOTE]

I had this issue too... I know what helped me was getting rid of a lot of the maps I was never going to use (both teleatlas and navteq) and also, I have tried several times to install "branding icons" to show me gas station and restaurant logos and I noticed that my init runs "out of memory" so my theory is that if you make your Dynavin load a bunch of stuff- it runs out of memory so scale down everything (maps, voices, etc.) as much as you can and I believe you will solve your problem.

swainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #670
tothpl

My Ride: 2001 996 TT
i go cross country more than the average person, as well as travel to baltimore and ohio and NC etc. so i kinda like having the maps there to use. as far as everything else, i dont know if the 1.2 thats going around has the name brand icons or not? what do i need to check? i do know that it comes with nuance tts, i kinda wanted that. but in hopes of just getting up and running, ill trash it. any other suggestions?

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car,
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
tothpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #671
swainer

My Ride: 2004 BMW X5
Send a message via AIM to swainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tothpl View Post
i go cross country more than the average person, as well as travel to baltimore and ohio and NC etc. so i kinda like having the maps there to use. as far as everything else, i dont know if the 1.2 thats going around has the name brand icons or not? what do i need to check? i do know that it comes with nuance tts, i kinda wanted that. but in hopes of just getting up and running, ill trash it. any other suggestions?
dont trash the tts pro voices, just trash the languages and voices (i.e. jill, amy, etc.) that you dont want and like I said maps you dont need... anything will help... are going to Hawaii, North Dakota, or Mexico anytime soon? Keep the states you will travel in... out of 52+ I bet you could get rid of half of them... try it and if it works, you can always add them back to see if that's the problem... these Dynavin units have such low memory that it chokes on these newer more robust apps...

swainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #672
immigrant
Banned User

My Ride: BMW
Im using the default blue arrow for my current position and i like the 2d maps. Is there anyway to make that arrow smaller or set it back a little bit as sometimes it is misleading (the front of the arrow is passed the street i am supposed to turn when i haven't even gotten to the intersection yet) ?
immigrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #673
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by swainer View Post
I had this Out Of Memory issue too... I know what helped me was getting rid of a lot of the maps I was never going to use (both teleatlas and navteq) and also, I have tried several times to install "branding icons" to show me gas station and restaurant logos and I noticed that my init runs "out of memory" so my theory is that if you make your Dynavin load a bunch of stuff- it runs out of memory so scale down everything (maps, voices, etc.) as much as you can and I believe you will solve your problem.
I think you've nailed it swainer, unfortunately the Dynavin only has 64MB of memory so removing unneccessary files/maps usually solves the out of memeory error.
Dynavin's main priority should be to rellease a unit with 128MB of memory so it is better equipped to handle the software.

Last edited by Darkoz; 08-12-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:22 AM   #674
stlnation

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330XI
anyone know how to swich all my favorites over from igo8 to primo?
stlnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #675
fadeaway

My Ride: 04 330Ci
Try deleting the save file?

That way the program goes back to stock and you can rule out settings.
fadeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #676
headhunter1994

My Ride: 2001 X5 4.4
I read through a lot of posts just now...man am I dizzy! This is what happens if you skip a month or two...lol

I just loaded up v1.2 and loving it - thank you Darkoz/Jeff and everyone else who adds value!

One question: Why are there only 30 states worth of 3D buildings (ie NJ is missing)...and yes, I live in NJ and proud of it

Last edited by headhunter1994; 08-21-2011 at 02:23 PM.
headhunter1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #677
xMpower3dx

My Ride: 2001 M3
Send a message via AIM to xMpower3dx
is anyone else having problems with the maps? I cant get part 4 to unrar...

2001 ///M3 6spd, Steel Gray/Black, Cold weather Package, Satin Black Grille's, K&N 57 series intake, H&R Springs, Carbon Fiber engine cover, AC Schnitzer Strut Tower Brace, AC Schnitzer Pedals
xMpower3dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #678
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMpower3dx View Post
is anyone else having problems with the maps? I cant get part 4 to unrar...
When you download all ther rar files you do not extract all the files individually, just extract the first rar file and it will automatically extract all the other rar files.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:21 PM   #679
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter1994 View Post
I read through a lot of posts just now...man am I dizzy! This is what happens if you skip a month or two...lol

I just loaded up v1.2 and loving it - thank you Darkoz/Jeff and everyone else who adds value!

One question: Why are there only 30 states worth of 3D buildings (ie NJ is missing)...and yes, I live in NJ and proud of it
Thanks headhunter1994, don't know why ther are no 3D buildings for New Jersey, maybe NJ doesn't have any buildings of note

Old 08-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #680
xMpower3dx

My Ride: 2001 M3
Send a message via AIM to xMpower3dx
Quote:
When you download all ther rar files you do not extract all the files individually, just extract the first rar file and it will automatically extract all the other rar files.
I understand that. but what I'm saying is that when winrar gets to part 4 its says the file is corrupt or has the wrong password.

2001 ///M3 6spd, Steel Gray/Black, Cold weather Package, Satin Black Grille's, K&N 57 series intake, H&R Springs, Carbon Fiber engine cover, AC Schnitzer Strut Tower Brace, AC Schnitzer Pedals
xMpower3dx is offline   Reply With Quote