E46 Fanatics Forum banner

iGO Primo Issues/Tweaks/Systxt thread

523K views 798 replies 150 participants last post by  jwibb 
#1 · (Edited)
If you will, I've thought of starting a new thread dedicated to SYSTXT, tweaking and fixing iGO and Primo issues. It's getting to be a bit of a chore looking for IGO and Primo content in the Dynavin hardware thread. Jeff's thread is starting to look like flea market if it isnt already. So let's try to centralize software mapping issues, infos and tips here folks :wow: Maybe we can call this Darkoz's corner :rofl:

Im gonna devirginized this thread and start off with an annoying issue, at least for me.

Is there a way to customize or eliminate the distance voice alerts when approaching a turn? For example: Eliminate the "In 800/300 meters turn left/right" alerts. I pref to hear only the last alert ie; "turn next left/right".

#501 ·
Sorry for the delay in the response. I didn't use any download manager. and I had stopped my download and re-started it the first time it said it was DLing it at 40 kb/s, Second time it averaged out at 100 ... not optimal but it cut it down to half of the time. So I fell asleep.... By the time I woke up, the whole file had downloaded with no problems.

#521 ·
Does the sys.txt file have anything to do with touchscreen calibration? I have a unit now that is calibrated perfectly on radio/DVD/etc but in the GPS mode the screen calibrations are all off. They were spot on with the OEM navi but I'm trying to load Primo on it. It uses Win CE 5.0. Primo will load and default to the settings but the calibration of the touchscreen is so off I can't do anything.

#523 ·
Does anyone (in North America) have the internet traffic information working yet on Primo 1.2? I installed Petrut's wifi patch over the weekend and added the appropriate lines to my sys.txt

[network]
Available=1

and the traffic icon showed up on my screen, but so far whenever I click on the icon it shows there are no traffic events - something that is pretty much unheard of in my area. I really don't know if it's working or not.

On the plus side -- Google search from within Primo 1.2 does work at least sometimes. One time it gave me an "Out of memory" error and closed Primo. Another time it worked fine, found the location I was searching for and routed me there. It's a nice feature, and ensures you have the most up to date information, but I would rather have online traffic working.

Just FYI.
John

#527 · (Edited)
I felt the same until I jumped into a friend's G37s. Remember, this is not an iPhone. Look at a Garmin Nuvi or pretty much anyone else's in car nav and you will start becoming more and more happy with this setup.

1) Are you running wolfncu or something else that might be hogging cycles on the NAV side processor? This will definitely slow it down.

2) If not, try figuring out how to run GAPI. (This is a minor speed improvement at best)

3) If that still isn't up to par for you, turn off excess pop-up bubbles. That seems to be what was slowing mine down for a while. I wanted to know where each coffee shop, gas station, airport, theatre, etc... was at the same time but that was making it WAY too slow.

#531 ·
Yes, I'm running WinCE Patch. I did what you said, running directly from the Navi shortcut. It improved a bit, but unfortunately, I can't make it work fluently. It's strange, because IGO was running fine. Even loading time is quite long, more than 20 seconds.
@ilogik: I envy you! :) Should I give up? Noooo, please help me! What if I record a video to show it better?

#536 ·
iGO8 was definitely a bit faster. It sounds like you're doing everything to make this run as smoothly as possible. I'm not personally running petrut's patch, but still running a version of GAPI. It is incrementally increasing speed.

There is nothing to speed up the load time that I know of. Go back to iGO8?

If I am in the startup screen with the options of going to the map, find, more, etc..., the mini map is going at about 10fps or so. Once I am in the regular map view, I get roughly 0.5-2fps. I think this is acceptable. This is an underpowered device, for sure, but it is definitely enough. Remember that in-car devices are generally slower than in-home applications because they need to be reliable enough to stand the bumps and bruises of suspension. Car PC guys might balk at me for this, but this is just generally what I find.

As I said earlier, try messing around with friends' OEM nav systems even in newer cars. They are pretty much on par or slower than what the DVN offers. Even Porsche's nav interface sucks a big fat one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.