*** Official E46 Lighting Guide *** - Page 15 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 102 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-20-2019, 11:11 AM   #281
Razz617

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Sounds like the same problem that I had. What worked for me was simply replacing the bulb. $20 fix!
Razz617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:10 PM   #282
Cibby600

My Ride: 2001 325I Sedan
Yeah I have tried 3 different sets.
Think I will just code out the hot and cold bulb checks with NCS Expert!
Cibby600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:19 AM   #283
CharlotteCountyE46

E46 Sedan Halogen H7 to Bi-Xenon Swap

Hi everyone, ive been searching the fourm for the info i need and i cannot find any information on it so i have a couple questions.
I have the halogen h7 headlights in my 04 330i currently but i have a set of OEM Bi-Xenons that i got when i bought the car and i want to know if there is any way i can swap the halogens for the bi-xenons without having to retro fit because the headlights are brand new. im just entry level and dont have alot of experience with headlights. anything helps, thanks!
CharlotteCountyE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2020, 03:09 PM   #284
lllRazorlll

My Ride: Accord Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCountyE46 View Post
Hi everyone, ive been searching the fourm for the info i need and i cannot find any information on it so i have a couple questions.
I have the halogen h7 headlights in my 04 330i currently but i have a set of OEM Bi-Xenons that i got when i bought the car and i want to know if there is any way i can swap the halogens for the bi-xenons without having to retro fit because the headlights are brand new. im just entry level and dont have alot of experience with headlights. anything helps, thanks!
The headlights will be plug-and-play. Only thing I am not sure about is the bixenon function since that function relies on an additional wire to plug into the ballast and I don't think cars with halogen headlights have that plug sitting around under the hood. Essentially, your high beams will remain highbeams when the stalk is pressed forward as opposed to just being exclusively flash-to-pass which is when you pull it towards you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:38 PM   #285
bendoscopy

My Ride: 330Ci M + 320Ci
Transmission: 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCountyE46 View Post
I just did the xenon highbeam shutter mod. You can use parking sensor plugs as it's the same connector. Really easy job. Let me know if you need a guide.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMW E46 330Ci M-Sport 2001 topasblau/grau 110k miles
BMW E46 320Ci Sport 2002 topasblau/hellbeige 125k miles

|
|
| drive tastefully
bendoscopy is offline   Reply With Quote