Another fog light relay question - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2019, 10:29 AM   #1
M1K3L4RRY

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325xi
Another fog light relay question

Iíve looked all over this forum and others and canít find an answer to this question.

I have a 2002 e46 325xi, My fog lights donít work but the light comes on the dash when I turn them on with the low beams on. The light goes out when I turn hi beams on so itís working properly and I checked the fuse and thatís fine so Iím thinking it has to be the relay but I have an issue

I searched everywhere and everyone is saying itís the second relay from the right behind the dashboard, I went to advanced auto and got a fog light relay but when I pulled the second from the right it was a different relay so I went back and to 2 other stores and theyíre all saying the same thing, that the fog light relay and the AC control relay are the same one, I donít believe this is correct and the one I pulled from the car(second from the right) has 4 pins and is orange, the one they are selling me has 5 pins,

Iím at a loss here so Iím posting a pic of the relay I pulled and asking if this is the correct fog light relay? Itís the second from the right in the box and their isnít a spot for a 5th pin in the relay box

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3578.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	778041

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
M1K3L4RRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:06 PM   #2
bigtruss

My Ride: e46 m3
Take a look at my thread here. That relay looks correct I dont think your issue in relay, if its not relay or fuse it might be what my issues was

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=612418
bigtruss is offline   Reply With Quote