DIY Vid angel eyes kill switch - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-25-2015, 08:48 PM   #21
CarbonZHP
Because Race...Convertible?

My Ride: goes choo choo
Year: 2004
Model: 330Cic ZHP
Transmission: AT->5MT->6MT
Just did this DIY and while it works to kill the ECU trigger, the angel eyes still come on with the interior lights. I placed my switch in the correct place, between the fuse and the relay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
Instagram: @CarbonZHP
CarbonZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 04:56 AM   #22
Solidjake
Shifting

My Ride: 2013 328i 6MT
Thanks for the info

-
-

-
-

Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:14 AM   #23
Hartmann_e46

My Ride: 330CI Titanium Silve
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
Correct. As well as the kill switch, I've also been looking into a constant on switch for angel eyes. At meets when I want them to stay on I've been cracking the door and thats not the best solution.

Hi Carbon. You have several different options in terms of wiring up a switch to manually turn on your angel eyes.

1st option: What you can do is run one end of a wire from the (+) terminal of the battery distribution block under the passenger side of the hood (fused) to a switch (inside of the cabin), while the other end will be spliced into terminal 86 of the angel eye relay (the switch for the relay). Keep in mind you will need to place a diode inline into the wire going to the interior lights in order to protect power from going directly to the interior lights.

What this does is, it allows you to send a signal, kind of like a signal that a remote wire for an amp does, in order to turn on the angel eyes by the push of a switch. The diode will ensure that the new (+) wire will not interfere with the vehicle components.

2nd option: auto/on/off switch feature which allows you to have have different options. 1st option is automatic, which is wired directly to the interior lights (the angel eyes will power on with the interior lights), 2nd option is "ON", the angel eyes will power on when you complete the circuit from the fused lead coming from the (+) battery to the switch. 3. "OFF" It wont be necessary to connect any wires to this lead.

If you have any questions regarding this install, or if you need an installer, you can hit me up on IG @hartmanns_euro
Hartmann_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2016, 12:27 PM   #24
Non-Affiliated

My Ride: 330i
Year: 2001
Model: E46
Transmission: 5 speed manual ZF
I wonder, would this work with installing a rheostat? My AE's are SUUUUUPER bright and it would be nice to dim them just a bit from time to time.

Insta: @ivans_in_danger

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Non-Affiliated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:52 PM   #25
DEADF15H

My Ride: 2001 325i Auto
Model: 325i
Transmission: Auto
Quote:
Also Jake, do you know if there is a 12V constant somewhere inside the car? Like the center console or the glove box? Havent been able to find one
I think you already know this, but the cigarette lighter power is always on. you can leave ausb charger in, and it will continue to charge even after the car is off.
DEADF15H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:53 PM   #26
CarbonZHP

Right but I was looking for a specific wire to tap in the glovebox

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Old 03-08-2016, 03:04 PM   #27
CarbonZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADF15H View Post
I think you already know this, but the cigarette lighter power is always on. you can leave ausb charger in, and it will continue to charge even after the car is off.
Also, I actually reversed that cigarette lighter. Since I run a radar that isnt hardwired yet, I removed the cig fuse and jumped it to the radio fuse, so the cig lighter is only on when the car is on.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:01 PM   #28
DEADF15H

My Ride: 2001 325i Auto
Model: 325i
Transmission: Auto
Quote:
Also, I actually reversed that cigarette lighter. Since I run a radar that isnt hardwired yet, I removed the cig fuse and jumped it to the radio fuse, so the cig lighter is only on when the car is on.
Ahh ! OK

I just installed some OrionV4s yesterday . Haven't wired them to the interior lights yet.
Also need to view Solidjake kill switch video as I imagine I will want to shut them off while the cars running at some point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
DEADF15H is offline   Reply With Quote