Wagon Get Together - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Touring

E46 Touring
The E46 touring forum. Talk about your sport wagon E46 here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2020, 03:33 PM   #1
George Hill

My Ride: BMWs
Wagon Get Together

Hey guys, so some locals and I have been talking about having a wagon meet up for awhile now and we are finally making it happen. Nothing is set in stone as I would like to have as many BMW wagons (not just E46 tourings) as possible, but I think we have a pretty solid plan.

When: March 28th noonish til ?
Where: My shop in Cedar Park, TX

I think there would be a number of people traveling and a noonish time would give those guys time to drive in and still make it back home before its horrible late if they so choose.

Depending on the size of group I was thinking we could cater in some BBQ and basically have little show off wagons, talk cars and have some lunch.

My wife thinks a FB group will be a good way to keep track of this so I'll set one up later this week, but wanted to start the conversation and see what everyone thinks.

Thoughts, comments or concerns?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, '04 Gray 325iT,

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
Email to
George Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 04:02 PM   #2
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 98 M-Z3/01 330iT 6MT
I am SO there!

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:02 PM   #3
yjsaabman

My Ride: '03 325i Touring
Too soon and too far! Lol!! Maybw next time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
yjsaabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2020, 05:16 PM   #4
mjweimer

My Ride: 2001 325iT
Sounds like a great plan! Time to dig into my schedule and see if I can make this happen. Would love to meet up with everyone.

MJ
mjweimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:28 PM   #5
VpointVick

My Ride: '03 325iT Mysticblau
I'm not necessarily opposed to the 36hr round trip, but I've got soo much music going on right around that time. I'mma be broke!
VpointVick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:15 AM   #6
George Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo31 View Post
I am SO there!
Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjweimer View Post
Sounds like a great plan! Time to dig into my schedule and see if I can make this happen. Would love to meet up with everyone.

MJ
I hope you can, let me know if there is anything I can do on my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VpointVick View Post
I'm not necessarily opposed to the 36hr round trip, but I've got soo much music going on right around that time. I'mma be broke!
Plane flight....
, '04 Gray 325iT,

Email to
Old 02-27-2020, 11:18 AM   #7
VpointVick

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Hill View Post
Plane flight....
I don't think they'll let me try and fit my wagon in an overhead bin.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:36 PM   #8
George Hill

Quote:
I don't think they'll let me try and fit my wagon in an overhead bin.
We'll still let you come, even without your wag
, '04 Gray 325iT,

Email to
Old 02-27-2020, 02:40 PM   #9
Steve M3

My Ride: E46s
Interested and will try to make it out!
Steve M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:44 PM   #10
malapane

My Ride: E46 M3, 325iT & F30
Glad to here a wagon meet is happening!

Super bummed I can't make that date. I would maybe drive, but certainly fly out to join if I were free. Hope it happens again. I will have major FOMO.

Last edited by malapane; 02-27-2020 at 02:44 PM.
malapane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:37 PM   #11
navi243

Count me in
navi243 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:19 AM   #12
///Mark_D

My Ride: 04 325i & 02 325iT
It's awesome to see these kinds of events getting organized for wagon enthusiasts. I won't be able to make a roat trip down to TX, but hope the rest of you guys that can go have a good time.
///Mark_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:22 AM   #13
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 98 M-Z3/01 330iT 6MT
For the guys that cannot make the drive...

WAY back when I had my Sentra SE-R, we had a very strong national group. People would often fly to gathers if that was all they could do. One friend in my hometown (I'd been out of there for years) used to have a GTG in February (Salt Fest), held in a big shop. Guys would drive and fly in from all over, myself included. Great fun.

Just saying... consider it.

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:47 PM   #14
VpointVick

Like I said, it's not so much the drive for me, it's that I've got so much going on right around that same time.

If I were able to go at all I would make the drive so as to have my car there.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:48 PM   #15
yjsaabman

Pretty much in the same boat as Vick. Just not enough notice to make everything work.

Old 02-29-2020, 07:01 AM   #16
George Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by malapane View Post
Glad to here a wagon meet is happening!

Super bummed I can't make that date. I would maybe drive, but certainly fly out to join if I were free. Hope it happens again. I will have major FOMO.
Quote:
Like I said, it's not so much the drive for me, it's that I've got so much going on right around that same time.

If I were able to go at all I would make the drive so as to have my car there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjsaabman View Post
Pretty much in the same boat as Vick. Just not enough notice to make everything work.
Edit, I need to stick to the plan lol, if this goes off well we'll do another for sure. I'm just excited about a wagon meetup, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navi243 View Post
Count me in
Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mark_D View Post
It's awesome to see these kinds of events getting organized for wagon enthusiasts. I won't be able to make a roat trip down to TX, but hope the rest of you guys that can go have a good time.
Next time
, '04 Gray 325iT,

Email to

Last edited by George Hill; 02-29-2020 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:19 AM   #17
yjsaabman

Yeah, don't reschedule this one for those of us that can't make it. Roll with those that can and post pics so the rest of want to come even more the next time!

Old 03-07-2020, 02:32 PM   #18
Juliann

My Ride: 2000 Touring M3
I'm in!!!!

E46 M3 FankenWagon
Juliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 03:02 PM   #19
George Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliann View Post
I'm in!!!!
Yes! More S54 Tourings!
, '04 Gray 325iT,

Email to
Old 03-07-2020, 09:59 PM   #20
SexualChocolate

My Ride: 323iT and more
I may be in although my touring project isn't currently running lol.
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote