Meth Addicts and Compression Drop - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum

Forced Induction Forum
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2017, 06:05 AM   #1
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '02 AW 6spd M3
Meth Addicts and Compression Drop

Hey Guys,

I'm running a stage 2(.5?) maxPSI kit with a PT-6870 and getting ready for a grudge race next spring against a friend of mine. I wanted to get people's personal experience from two power adders.

1. Meth kits: I hear mixed stories with meth kits on the s54 FI world, they work great on my rotaries but obviously apples to oranges. What did you like, not like, and what problems occurred from running meth?

2. Dropping compression: I'd rather not build the bottom end just yet and looking into installing a thicker head gasket but once again it doesn't seem like there's much info out there on that. I have one or two shops that are experienced in other bmw platforms but want to hear more info on people's experiences from dropping compression with a head gasket. Were knock values affected? Any issues with installing them, or sealing? etc?

EDIT: Just was made aware of a cut ring gasket option, https://maximumpsi.com/product/s54-c...t-cooper-ring/.
Any thoughts on this as well?

I would appreciate any info or advice. This guy has been running his mouth for awhile now and although I know my current race gas mode is plenty to beat him, he's talked enough trash that I'm looking to humiliate him. Help me out guys

~Anthony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

94 R2 Rx7 SOLD
02 AW/IR M3 MaxPSI 2+ 6870 208k original miles and counting!
400 rwhp @ 4psi HPDE setting; 1:46.8 CMP "M3 record?"
495 rwhp @ 9psi 93 octane daily; best trap 118 1/4 mile
560 rwhp @ 13psi 100 octane; best trap 128 1/4 mile
720 rwhp @ 19psi E85 "Kill Mode" best trap 130 spinning tires and clutch
14 CW 1.8T Beetle - Wife's dream car
04 LSB M3 SOLD

Last edited by 7to3_enthusiast; 10-27-2017 at 07:18 AM.
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote