Removal and repair of coin holder in center console - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2003, 05:15 PM   #1
Lugnut2683

My Ride: Lotus Elise
Send a message via AIM to Lugnut2683
Removal and repair of coin holder in center console

Because I purchased my 330Ci used, I've been going through the car repairing minor problems. One problem I've come across is that the previous owner tried to fit a quarter into the nickel slot on the coin revolver (which he was successful in doing). So now there is a quarter stuck in there which I can't get out. How do I go about removing the revolver and dismantling it so I can get that damn quarter out and actually be able to use the thing?
Lugnut2683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 05:31 PM   #2
DiscoStu
Sienna Red Coupe

My Ride: 330i
LOL, the same thing happened to me, except i was the one who stuck the quarter there.

First you have to pop out the cup holders, then the coin holder should pop out too. Take apart the coin holder but be sure you know how to put it back together, there are alot of springs and what not in there. I just took a metal nail file and pryed the coin out really easy. No scratches, no nothing. Never again will I put a quarter in there though.

Good luck.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:35 PM   #3
AVRed1
I'm not a bum, I'm a nomad

My Ride: Steel Grey ///M
Send a message via AIM to AVRed1 Send a message via Yahoo to AVRed1
I like your sig:tongue:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AVRed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2003, 07:31 PM   #4
bigjohnstud4200

is it me, or do all my coin holder slots seems to be the exact same size?
bigjohnstud4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 07:36 PM   #5
jun14scr
booo for body roll.

My Ride: 2009 335i.
yea i broke the quarter out of mine, and just epoxied everything back together.. looks like crpa but i dont use it anyore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jun14scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 10:23 PM   #6
huntmdwn

i have a question...i put coins in the holder for the first time today...do you have to flip the holder back to the down position to put the armrest down cuz when i put the armrest down, it pushes down the coin think like a spring...leave it opened or closed!? I dont want the coins to fall into the abyss but i dont want to break the coin think but pushing the armrest on top of it
huntmdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 10:59 PM   #7
jun14scr
booo for body roll.

My Ride: 2009 335i.
just flip it back over so its flat once u put ur coins in. to get the coin thing out, first remove ur cupholders, and the coin holder will snap out of place. after u remove the coin holder assembly, disconnect the sprign and u shoudl be able to work it out by urself.

jun14scr is offline   Reply With Quote