2002 330i Wide-body - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2019, 11:07 PM   #1
DDtropical

My Ride: BMW
Year: 2002
Model: 330i
Transmission: Auto
2002 330i Wide-body

What's the difference between these two kits, other than that the v1 comes with a bumper. Also, any other wide-body kits for a 4 door?
https://carbonfiberhoods.com/vsaero-...an-105725.html
https://carbonfiberhoods.com/vsaero-...an-105728.html
DDtropical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:01 AM   #2
Spannerhead

My Ride: '02 330i/5 slicktop
Looking at those, I can't help thinking about how much maintenance and how many OEM parts I could get for $900........

Best widebody "kit" is to fit M3 pieces:

But that's $$$ since the rear is all custom bodywork.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Past BMWs:

Past Other: '85 GSL-SE '88 JZA70 '86 4K quattro '85 RX-7 S '85 RX-7 GSL
Spannerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:17 AM   #3
BaliDawg
DEADBEEF BAADF00D

My Ride: E39 E46 E84
That M3 sedan conversion is sooooo beautiful! I never get tired of looking that photo.
If only it was a slick top.

Last edited by BaliDawg; 09-29-2019 at 12:17 AM.
BaliDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2019, 12:24 AM   #4
Spannerhead

My Ride: '02 330i/5 slicktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaliDawg View Post
That M3 sedan conversion is sooooo beautiful! I never get tired of looking that photo.
Only thing I hate are the blacked-out kidneys. Those only work on a light-colored E46, IMO.

Current:

Past BMWs:

Past Other: '85 GSL-SE '88 JZA70 '86 4K quattro '85 RX-7 S '85 RX-7 GSL
Spannerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:12 AM   #5
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 98 M-Z3, 01 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaliDawg View Post
Properly done M3 sedan conversions are gorgeous. BMW should have offered them. Interestingly, I don't like it on the touring. For some reason the M3 body conversion on the touring just looks clunky to me. I can't put my finger on it.

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:15 AM   #6
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 98 M-Z3, 01 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDtropical View Post
What's the difference between these two kits, other than that the v1 comes with a bumper. Also, any other wide-body kits for a 4 door?
https://carbonfiberhoods.com/vsaero-...an-105725.html
https://carbonfiberhoods.com/vsaero-...an-105728.html
Just say no.

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote