Any BMW Rear view mirror upgrade......compass....homelink.....low profile clown nose - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Interior

Interior
Interior BMW parts. Pedals, trim, interior panels, seats, floor mats, shift knobs, e-brake handles, steering wheels, etc...

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-17-2016, 09:29 PM   #21
TerraPhantm

My Ride: M3
I have one of these mirrors in my ZHP (except with a gray clown nose) and it fit fine; didn't have to grind any tabs. So prospective buyers shouldn't worry about that. My car came with a manual mirror and was not prewired (well it had the ground wired up for some reason, but not the power or reverse). BMW sells a retrofit harness for around $20. Just run the wires down the A-pillar into the glove box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 03-17-2016 at 09:31 PM.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:29 PM   #22
glhx

My Ride: 2002 330ci
I just did a retrofit like that where the wires weren't there. The kit ran $30 from ecs tuning.
It's rare that the cars don't come ready for it.

The mirrors with out auto dim....that use the clown nose twisting to dim typically are not pre wired.
Long as you have auto dim already it's plug and play...minus the 4,5,6,7 pins disconnected.

I have one Still for sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

" border="0" />

How to paint your car

For new members

ZF 5hp19 information

Silbervogel parts shopping

Last edited by glhx; 05-02-2016 at 10:33 PM.
glhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:38 PM   #23
MSpeedAddict

My Ride: 17 STi
subscribed

MSpeedAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:48 PM   #24
glhx

If anyone is interested don't reply here.....I'm on here a lot , but I do text messages better

931-252-1650
Old 05-09-2016, 08:18 AM   #25
glhx

Bump

" border="0" />

How to paint your car

For new members

ZF 5hp19 information

Old 09-10-2017, 07:10 AM   #26
tshpark

My Ride: 330i E46
Is it possible to install on 2004 e46 M3 convertible even you said it's not for a convertible though. Please clarify this, I so badly want.
tshpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:36 PM   #27
glhx

I don't think it is.

If you can get it to mount it will.

It runs off of just a few wires.
I put one in my rav 4

" border="0" />

How to paint your car

For new members

ZF 5hp19 information

Old 09-10-2017, 10:34 PM   #28
Hani

My Ride: 02 330i, 00 323i,
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshpark View Post
Is it possible to install on 2004 e46 M3 convertible even you said it's not for a convertible though. Please clarify this, I so badly want.
I don't believe so as the convertible mirror has the key-less entry as part of the mirror
Hani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:10 PM   #29
TrentW

My Ride: 89 325is 04 325xiT
So our 05 Touring was totaled last month (sad trombone), but now have an 04 325xiT and looking to add Homelink/auto dim mirror since the mirror in the car is missing the clown nose and doesn't auto dim.
The current mirror is the SOS model and also equipped with rain sensor option-which I love, don't know why others feel differently...but I digress.
I recall when I upgraded the other car which was also SOS style, some were saying even with removing pins #4 and #7 if it was originally SOS & rain sensor equipped, the upgrade mirror would not work.
I've tried many searches, but SOS won't come up in the word search cause it's too few letters and wondering if anyone can confidently assure that the mirror upgrade will actually work?
TrentW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 04:01 PM   #30
wfx32

My Ride: AWD
Model: 330XI 08/2004
Transmission: auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by glhx View Post
DIFFERENT MOUNTING BRACKET.......RARE BUT IT HAPPENS
If your car has this type it means you have a very base mirror without auto dim.
Your mirror dimming comes from twisting the clown nose.
In my conclusion they look different in the mounting but they are not. This mirror mounts to the same bracket as all the others do despite its different appearance. There was talk of grinding tabs down. I feel this is unnecessary. I've not held one of these yet so I am not 100%. I might buy one to see for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfx32 View Post
for the new mirror, it's hard to find the superceded part #51169151852 so i am going with the newer part #51169192335

thanks glhx. if this is still available do you have the part number from the mounting? i picked up one 51169151852 with the red flat nose from ebay but it has a bad scratch. i tried 51169192335 with a grey flat nose but the bottom of the plastic housing sits about 5mm from the windshield glass. maybe the metal pins must be ground down?

Last edited by wfx32; 09-07-2019 at 04:20 PM. Reason: pictures of 5mm gap
wfx32 is offline   Reply With Quote