Help-alarm going off after mirror upgrade - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2017, 09:27 AM   #1
TrentW

My Ride: 89 325is 04 325xiT
Help-alarm going off after mirror upgrade

Did the homelink/compass/auto dim mirror upgrade on our 2005 325xiT, pulled #4 & #7 wires, everything works, but alarm will activate randomly for no apparent reason.

Anyone have this issue that can help?
TrentW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #2
cvx5832

My Ride: 535i, 325Ci, C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentW View Post
Did the homelink/compass/auto dim mirror upgrade on our 2005 325xiT, pulled #4 & #7 wires, everything works, but alarm will activate randomly for no apparent reason.

Anyone have this issue that can help?
Was that a mirror for a convertible?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

cvx5832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:19 PM   #3
scottjoh
Modded ///Member

My Ride: '99 323i & '02 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvx5832 View Post
Was that a mirror for a convertible?
What does that have to do with the alarm tripping for no apparent reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentW View Post
Lots of people will start chiming in with various problems they have had with alarm trips like hood switch, trunk wiring, tilt sensor, but, none of that really helps you in your case. You need to find out which input to the alarm is causing the alarm trips. If you have a computer with INPA, PA Soft, Car Soft, GT1/DIS, ISTA/ISIS or any one of the other diagnostic systems for BMWs connect it up to your car and read the fault codes for the ZKE module, also known as the body control module or general module. This module does the alarm function in your car and stores the cause of the alarm trip and the number of occurrences. If you are using PA Soft it will not tell you the number of occurrences so you won't be able to tell the difference between an alarm trip that happened once 10 years ago and your current alarm trips which have occurred dozens of times. All the other tools listed will give # of occurrences. If you use PA Soft you need to clear the fault log and after the alarm trips again read the modules to see what popped up.

Last edited by scottjoh; 07-06-2017 at 02:27 PM.
scottjoh is offline   Reply With Quote