HELP!! 2004 E46 330ci - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2018, 01:36 AM   #1
JC2004e46330ci

My Ride: 2004 E46 BMW 330ci
HELP!! 2004 E46 330ci

I am in need of some help with figuring out an issue with my 2004 E46 330ci .

I have had my BMW for about four years now and haven't had any issues at all with it until about three weeks ago. It started with a belt broke, easy fix..done. Then a week later.... leaking antifreeze. found the leak fixed it....done. Then a week later.... it doesn't want to stay started. Sound like a vacuum leak. found the vacuum leak fixed it and it stays running now....done. Now it has been a week later, go figure LOL!

All the windows and sunroof open by themselves. Well, it was storming outside so not sure how long the windows and sunroof were open but my roommate came home from work at 6 pm and asked why the windows were down and it's storming out.....Yep, you got it soaked the inside. So I am not sure if the issue is caused by the rain soaking the inside or if it is part of the reason all my windows and sunroof opened by themselves is part of the issue.

So the issue I am having and cannot seem to figure out is: The headlights, bright lights, blinkers, hazard lights, door locks and dashboard lights are not working. Also, there is a gurgling sound coming from the glovebox where the fuses box is located. I changed out all the fuses, tried a battery unplug thing I was told to try from another BMW owner, etc.... whatever the issue is, well it drained the battery. I had the battery recharged put it back in the car and it started to drain the battery again I was told to unplug #49 fuse and it will stop draining the battery. Cool, it worked it stopped draining the battery but now It killed everything. I tried to contact the guy online again to find out why that particular fuse and how did he know that was what was draining my battery trying to find out if he knew what was causing my issue but of course..... no response back. So I could really use some help if anyone knows what could be causing this? Any suggestions at all would be grateful.

Thank you in advance for your help.
JC2004e46330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:55 AM   #2
asianisafish

My Ride: 330ci
If you hold the unlock button it will open every door and window and maybe you did that on accident in your pocket.

Are the electrical problems occur after the interior got wet?

Could use a test light or a multimeter on each fuse to see if power is going through. Might have to check at each button connector aswell, don't forget some are 12v switched not constant 12v
asianisafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:16 AM   #3
JC2004e46330ci

Sorry forgot to mention that. Yes, I did test all the fuses with both a multimeter and a test light and turned the ignition because I knew some of the fuses would not give a reading if the ignition wasn't turned on...all checked out good. See that is the thing I am not sure if the problem occurred before the interior got wet or after. I was kind of thinking maybe before since the windows and sunroof opened by themselves. No, I do not put my keys in my pocket for that reason and because I know some key fobs are sensitive and can easily break, The were hanging on a hook by my bedroom door which is located at the back of my house and I have tested to see if I could unlock or set my alarm off from my room before and it was too far away from my car to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2018, 02:48 AM   #4
JC2004e46330ci

So I was just told to again unplug the fuse #49 temporarily, take the driver side door panel off and disconnect the actuator that it is faulty and it thinks that I have trying to open the windows on my car. He said that he had the same thing happen and disconnected the actuator until he could get a new one to replace it. Does this sound right? I don't understand how the actuator would keep my dashboard lights, hazards, blinkers and headlights from coming on. I can understand the windows and locks but not the rest. But I am no expert that is why I am on here looking for an answer lol. Any thoughts on this?

Tags
blinkers, electrical, hazards, headlights, locks