DIY: E60 Short Throw/Shifter Overhaul - Page 5 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-11-2018, 11:21 PM   #81
Fox Fader

My Ride: '05 325i
I wish I had replaced the shift shaft seal while I had this torn down. Recommended to all that see this before digging into it.

10 Ford GT 401a 5sp 17k miles
17 Z125 PRO
07 Tuono Factory
03 F150 STX Lightning replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fox Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:17 PM   #82
mr_y82

My Ride: 01 325xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLGOZ View Post
Hi all, and sorry for wake up this thread again. Yesterday I did the job, and replace all shift bushings showed in this excellent thread (thanks LoveBeingUseless). All was ok, and I could do it without release the driveshaft. But now, my center point or death point or neutral point is sited over the right side of the car, much more than before bushings replace job.
It feels like there is no much path to the right from the center point, but to the left is ok and came back to "new center" again without difficult. Shifts selection works well, but can I feel that 5th gear slices direct from the center point and not doing the little right movement necessary to lock and pull. I know is related to the internal springs and pins on the gearbox, but I ask me if is there some thing what I can do to restore the center point that I had before the bushing replace or if I did something wrong during the re assembly process.

Another useful detail, when I disassembly the shifter rod, I did it with the selector or gearbox in 5th gear, cose this give us more space to job. But the assembly work after all bushing replaces was in neutral or center point. so, maybe something happens internally on the gearbox on the disassembly process??
Sorry for my english!
Any help or idea is welcome and thanks in advance.
Yes, it makes you wonder if having it 5th could have caused it. I wish I could help, and hope someone who is more knowledgeable will jump in. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mr_y82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:49 AM   #83
atobsky93

My Ride: 330ci cabrio e46
awesum project. i was directed to this by a friendly seller on ebay amd boy, am i so glad.. i have learnt alot and also about lubes . Thanks Guys ..All love
atobsky93 is offline   Reply With Quote