DIY: Start/Stop button - Page 8 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2019, 03:11 PM   #141
blink977

My Ride: Bmw E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
Can you elaborate this? So there's an antenna on the windshield and we need to solder it to which?
https://ibb.co/194q50N

Last edited by blink977; 06-15-2019 at 03:11 PM.
blink977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:44 PM   #142
djnono

Hi blink977!

I'd like more help. I purchased an ELV emulator and so I already have the ignition. However, the module still does not "start". I connected all the wires you described except "pin19 Wake Up" and "pin 30 PA bus". I don't know where to tie them. I tested the pin 41 clutch cable at +12 volts.

Could it help why you can't "start up"?

Thanks, Norbert
djnono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #143
Osh67

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink977 View Post
Nice info for beginners, but it is not as complicated as you wrote, for example: why do you worry about CAS-DME sync? The CAS installed in E46 will remain orphan, without DME or something else, EWS module will still remain in your car, and play immo role. Just wire up CAS, KGM and PGS(passive go), go to JLpcb and order my pcb board and parts for it, solder everything, and you are ready to go.
Important info on Passive GO: I mentioned earlier that Passive Go will sometimes see the key fob, and sometimes not. I figured out why it happens: PGS module needs message about vehicle speed from DSC module within CAN-bus. It just needs to know is vehicle stationary or not, if yes, it will start, if no, it won't. Unfortunately it is impossible to wire E9X or E6X DCS module in E46, because newer DSC's are bus users on PT-CAN(powertrain CAN), which does not exist in E46. Even if you will install DSC module in E46, it will not work, because it uses active wheel speed sensors, which are not driven by toothed wheel in wheel hub, but with magnet inside hub. In addition to this, wheel sensor will send signal every 70 milliseconds when vehicle is standing, which tells the module that vehicle is stationary. In my case PGS module does not receive message from DSC, that's why it works sometime, and some time not. I don't have any idea yet, how to solve this. My E46 is sold out, and I'm owner of E92 335i.
As for door handles, honestly I never thought about installing them, but I'm sure it is possible, E9X door handles are preferred, because they have capacitive sensor inside handle itself

I wonder if there’s a way to install the sensors and trick them ? (Magnets/metal?)
Osh67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2019, 08:55 PM   #144
cebarak

My Ride: M3 LTW
Year: 1995
Thanks for the great info.
cebarak is offline   Reply With Quote