Corona Time - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2020, 10:11 PM   #21
LL i am

My Ride: 2001 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaliDawg View Post
Doing a lot of DME and EGS updates for people lately, mostly remote, but some braves souls have been driving out to my house.

I feel like this is appropriate here...

ill be at your doorstep one of these days.
LL i am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 02:51 AM   #22
Overboost
//Binary is in my DNA

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
and particular reason you didn't go with ZHP arms since you went Genuine BMW. you looking for a more compliant ride?
also kinda shocked not going with FCP Euro for Lifetime warranty
I got over 200,000 miles out of the original arms with a bushing replacement once at 100,000 so I just wanted to duplicate what I had such great mileage results with.

At the point I looked at FCP, the Genuine BMW 4 pc. kit was $639 and ECS was $508.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The older I get... The faster I was...
No Fear

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Overboost; 03-20-2020 at 02:58 AM.
Overboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:37 AM   #23
doukas007

My Ride: e46 320 coupe
Year: 2001
Model: 320ci
Transmission: manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL i am View Post
ill be at your doorstep one of these days.
Bring him a case of corona

doukas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:33 AM   #24
TheRiddle
Sofa-king-what

My Ride: M52TUB28-Vert
DONE

- entire PDC system fixed
- bumper aligned
- new sideskirt clips
- entire deep detail in/out
- one amp. changed
- rationalization of speaker cables (routing)

TO BE DONE
- seat wiring swap (RHD to LHD)
- relocate the subwoofer into a custom enclosure into the spare tyre well
- lube any single joint/seal
- remove the old Navi (pictograms) wiring loom that stills next to the other one (monitor).
TheRiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:08 AM   #25
lllRazorlll

My Ride: Accord Coupe
I'm working from home as well and save 3.5 hours per day on commute.

I have no work to do cause my Accord hasn't broken yet and don't anticipate it doing so anytime soon

lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:33 AM   #26
BaliDawg
Here to serve yíall

My Ride: E39 E46 E84
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllRazorlll View Post
I have no work to do cause my Accord hasn't broken yet
Sounds like someone needs to pick up a BMW soon...

BaliDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:47 AM   #27
Knight

My Ride: SL63 | SHO | E46
Part acquired and projects planned:
  • Control Arms & Bushings (Lemforder, Z4M Spec & Meyle HD)
  • Complete Tie Rod Assemblies (Lemforder)
  • RTABs (Lemforder, M3 Spec)
  • Dinan Intake
  • Dynavin N7
  • New Fog Lamps (OE)
Also have a body shop across the street that can take care of a few rust spots for me. Will be saving 30-40% by removing the bumpers, quarter panels and side skirts myself.

|
|
|
|
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #28
lllRazorlll

My Ride: Accord Coupe
Quote:
Sounds like someone needs to pick up a BMW soon...
I'd like to, got a few options in mind

lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 02:31 PM   #29
Kneedspeed

My Ride: cars
I will do some front shocks/struts on my wife's SUV I've been putting off.
Kneedspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:32 PM   #30
Overboost
//Binary is in my DNA

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
I got over 200,000 miles out of the original arms with a bushing replacement once at 100,000 so I just wanted to duplicate what I had such great mileage results with.

At the point I looked at FCP, the Genuine BMW 4 pc. kit was $639 and ECS was $508.
Knocked out the front control arms and bushings today. Took a lot more effort than I thought. I thought I would never get the ball joints disconnected from the bearing carrier/upright. They have been on there 18 years and I could not get them to break free with hammering the joint at the carrier. I went to Advance and used their loaner pickle fork set and the right side came off pretty quickly but the left side didn't want to break free. I beat on that pickle fork for an hour before it finally came loose. Holy ****!

The ball joints at the subframe came right off with 2 or 3 strikes. Anyway, the Genuine BMW stage 1 front suspension kits came with control arms, lollipops with bushings and all new fasteners. 4 ball joint nuts, 4 FCAB lollipop bolts and 8 new reinforcement plate bolts. Looks pretty nice up there now with everything new.

The older I get... The faster I was...
No Fear

Last edited by Overboost; 03-20-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Overboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:14 PM   #31
mega_stihl

My Ride: E46 & E32
I wanted to start my engine swap yesterday, because of our national lockdown. Sadly I realized I was missing some parts like a new 545i shifter I wanted to install, and some gaskets left & right. Problem is that the dealer is closed as long as the lockdown goes. So instead of having my car done by the end of the lockdown, I still have to start from step 1
mega_stihl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:06 PM   #32
Archbid

My Ride: 330cic, 325i Touring
Year: 03
Model: 330cic
Transmission: 6-Speed, auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_stihl View Post
I wanted to start my engine swap yesterday, because of our national lockdown. Sadly I realized I was missing some parts like a new 545i shifter I wanted to install, and some gaskets left & right. Problem is that the dealer is closed as long as the lockdown goes. So instead of having my car done by the end of the lockdown, I still have to start from step 1
Aaaargh! So frustrating
Archbid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:56 PM   #33
GreaseJunkie

My Ride: 325xi
Just completed in the last 2 days

- water pump
- thermostat
- expansion tank
- power steering pump
- PS reservoir and 2 hoses
- pulleys & a/c tensioner
- full flush of ATF and coolant
- belts
- upper and lower radiator hoses
- coolant temp sensor

To do:

- replace quarter panel
- fuel filter
- fuel pump
- fix my droopy headliner
- control arms
- ball joints
- press new bushings
- left, front wheel bearing (already did the right - finally using my press again!)
- get an alignment (not even going to try on my own)
- VCG (If it gets warmer and doesn't rain)
- something else will need to get done during this.

Good luck guys! Try to enjoy the work. I have fun with it. Most of the time.

Stay strong and safe and sane!

Sent from my U504TL using Tapatalk
GreaseJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:12 PM   #34
vatc5637

My Ride: '01 325iT; '02 330iT
So far:
- thermostat and upper radiator hose replacement
- tensioner and idler pulley replacement
- p/s reservoir and hose replacement

To do:
- intake removal for ccv, vacuum line and hard water line replacement
- front strut reinforcement plate installation
- front bumper rattle can re-paint
- touring hatch trim tab fix
vatc5637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:14 PM   #35
BaliDawg
Here to serve yíall

My Ride: E39 E46 E84
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseJunkie View Post
To do:
- replace quarter panel
- fuel filter
- fuel pump
- fix my droopy headliner
- control arms
- ball joints
- press new bushings
- left, front wheel bearing (already did the right - finally using my press again!)
- get an alignment (not even going to try on my own)
- VCG (If it gets warmer and doesn't rain)
- something else will need to get done during this.
Have you updated the DME and EGS software yet? See the link below if interested (itís free).

BaliDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:21 PM   #36
GreaseJunkie

My Ride: 325xi
Quote:
Have you updated the DME and EGS software yet? See the link below if interested (itís free).
I'm not sure, actually. I fried my DME a while ago (long story) and got a new one from RPM. It could be straight. I don't have a PC for the software I've read that you need (I have a Mac). I was going to PM you to pick your brain. If I could get a performance boost, I'd be thrilled. Anyway. Enough hijacking. BaliDawg, I'll PM you.

Sent from my U504TL using Tapatalk
GreaseJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:10 PM   #37
dougdye325

My Ride: 1995 BMW M3
I just installed a tuned ECU in my e36 M3. Now I have to remove the intake to replace the idle control valve. Last thing is to figure out where the coolant leak is happening after replacing the clutch. Canít wait for it to warm up here so I can drive it for the first time since October.
dougdye325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:20 PM   #38
malmazan

My Ride: 2005 BMW 325i
I would like to take you on the offer, but I am in SOCAL. Need to install a DSSR to replace the OEM, and rebuilt the short shift assembly. I have all the parts except the lift.
malmazan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:56 PM   #39
pinkbimmer

My Ride: 2003 330Ci Vert
Year: 2003
Model: 330Ci
Transmission: Auto
Projects to complete while off work

Hi everyone my first time posting, I always read, and look for trouble shooting answers, but have never chimed in, so today I thought I would give it a shot. anything besides doing my home work. I'm off work this week and was going to take advantage and work on my car, with my husbands help of course. it started off with: Suspension Refresh, Brakes/Rotors all around, Timing chain and a week ago my starter went out, so now my garage looks like the local pick-a-part, got under my car and now I am going to add the power steering to the list, it's leaking pretty bad, and half the motor is out due to Starter. My husband dropped off my calipers of today to be powder coated PINK, I have been wanting to do it for a while, so now is the perfect time. its going to take some time to get it all done, I will work 1 week on 1 week off till all of this calms down or I get activated
pinkbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:58 PM   #40
doukas007

My Ride: e46 320 coupe
Model: 320ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbimmer View Post
Hi everyone my first time posting, I always read, and look for trouble shooting answers, but have never chimed in, so today I thought I would give it a shot. anything besides doing my home work. I'm off work this week and was going to take advantage and work on my car, with my husbands help of course. it started off with: Suspension Refresh, Brakes/Rotors all around, Timing chain and a week ago my starter went out, so now my garage looks like the local pick-a-part, got under my car and now I am going to add the power steering to the list, it's leaking pretty bad, and half the motor is out due to Starter. My husband dropped off my calipers of today to be powder coated PINK, I have been wanting to do it for a while, so now is the perfect time. its going to take some time to get it all done, I will work 1 week on 1 week off till all of this calms down or I get activated
What a roller coaster haha, please post pics of your work

doukas007 is offline   Reply With Quote