- Wheel Search Request - - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Tire & Wheel Forum

Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 01:12 AM   #1
dominicgrillo6

My Ride: E46 Sedan
- Wheel Search Request -

Hello everyone, I've decided to step up my rear wheels to 11" and need some help finding some budget wheels that are that wide.

Does anyone know of any wheels that come in 18x10 for the front and 18x11 for the rear? Offsets preferably near 0.

When I say budget I mean as cheap as possible. Like XXR's. I have no problem running reps, or inexpensive wheels. If you think I'm ignorant for doing so then please just move on.

I cannot, and do not want to spend $3000 on wheels right now.

If you can help show me some ideas then please do so!

Thanks,
Dom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For Sale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
dominicgrillo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:13 AM   #2
dominicgrillo6

Obviously in 5x120!

For Sale

-
-
Old 01-07-2014, 04:04 AM   #3
Avetiso

My Ride: 2003 ZHP 6MT
Ooh, that's tough. Most people that buy such wheels usually have deeper pockets, and such, I don't think you'll easily find inexpensive wheels or reps that fit the bill.

Good luck finding some, however. Post 'em up here if you do.
Avetiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2014, 04:36 AM   #4
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
- Wheel Search Request -

How much do barrels run? You could get some 11" barrels and use some crappy condition faces that you could diy refinish.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #5
dominicgrillo6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
Ooh, that's tough. Most people that buy such wheels usually have deeper pockets, and such, I don't think you'll easily find inexpensive wheels or reps that fit the bill.

Good luck finding some, however. Post 'em up here if you do.
Thanks man! Yea I'm looking around and not seeing anything haha. I do see some fairly inexpensive wheels that are 18x11 but they are flat or concave faces and I prefer deep lipped wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
How much do barrels run? You could get some 11" barrels and use some crappy condition faces that you could diy refinish.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I have no idea how much barrels run, should I contact someone like CCW to find out or do you know a place that would sell them for a lot cheaper? Also I would want the lips to have as many inches as possible. Bigger lip the better

When refinishing wheels and buying barrels and lips to go on them you just have to make sure the number of bolts is the same right? Not lug bolts, the wheels bolts holding the pieces together. Or are there other measurements that have to be specific?

For Sale

-
-
Old 01-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #6
MacFady

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Can't say I've seen 18x11 on a E46 sedan. And 18x10 in the front? Post pics when this all gets sorted out. What fender mods/suspension/tire sizes do you plan to run with that?

Last edited by MacFady; 01-07-2014 at 11:52 AM.
MacFady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #7
dominicgrillo6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFady View Post
Can't say I've seen 18x11 on a E46 sedan. And 18x10 in the front? Post pics when this all gets sorted out. What fender mods/suspension/tire sizes do you plan to run with that?
I have fender flares

For Sale

-
-
Old 01-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #8
hummer

My Ride: 2001 330CI
I don't think you're ignorant re using reps and such. However, those sizes do lead me toward that conclusion! I assume you are looking for purely cosmetic wheels hanging out beyond the fenders bling here? Those sizes are way over the top functionally! The handling could very well go to you know where!
hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #9
dominicgrillo6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
I don't think you're ignorant re using reps and such. However, those sizes do lead me toward that conclusion! I assume you are looking for purely cosmetic wheels hanging out beyond the fenders bling here? Those sizes are way over the top functionally! The handling could very well go to you know where!
haha check out my thread. I have fender flares. I have plenty of room for this width :thumb up:

https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...e=7&highlight=

For Sale

-
-
Old 01-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #10
MacFady

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Found that thread very amusing.

MacFady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #11
unevolved

My Ride: 2003 325i
So you want wheels that look really expensive, but aren't?

Maybe they're really expensive because they're expensive to make in such a large, low-volume size.

In a bacon and egg sandwich, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. Be that pig.
unevolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #12
dominicgrillo6

Quote:
Originally Posted by unevolved View Post
So you want wheels that look really expensive, but aren't?

Maybe they're really expensive because they're expensive to make in such a large, low-volume size.
I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm looking for wheels that look expensive but aren't haha. I'm simply looking for an uncommon set up for an inexpensive price

I'm currently thinking about saving up for some CCW's but am continuing to look for a less expensive route.

For Sale

-
-
Old 01-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #13
unevolved

I guess I've never seen a deep-dish 18x10 wheel that doesn't look expensive.

What are you considering "expensive?"

In a bacon and egg sandwich, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. Be that pig.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #14
dominicgrillo6

Quote:
I guess I've never seen a deep-dish 18x10 wheel that doesn't look expensive.

What are you considering "expensive?"
Right now my expensive is $700 a wheel. $700 is the cheapest option I have seen so far. That is a price for a CCW wheel. I'm hoping to find something cheaper.

Then there is buying used wheels. Problem is still finding a set that is the specs I need.

For Sale

-
-
Old 01-10-2014, 11:15 PM   #15
unevolved

What about rebuilding some 3-piece wheels? You might be able to find a good deal on some centers, then getting the barrels you need.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #16
AAblown

My Ride: e46 m3, e36 m3, H2
NT03 18x10 square run a spacer in the rear ~$1200 for all four

RIP Paul Walker

AAblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #17
dominicgrillo6

Quote:
What about rebuilding some 3-piece wheels? You might be able to find a good deal on some centers, then getting the barrels you need.
That definitely works. As long as the price wouldn't be the same as buying new haha. I could see getting some used ones for a good price but then that price and barrel/lip prices bringing it up to the new price anyways. But i'll have to look into it more and see how much barrels and lips run.

For Sale

-
-