PS Reservoir Cap - Viton O-Ring Giveaway - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2020, 10:47 PM   #21
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
Transmission: Autotragic
I’ve done the sock mod for the last 5 years or so. Weird that I hadn’t heard of the oring being the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

Are you getting hot air no matter where you set your A/C in your E46? Check out this ancient thread! Chime in with your experience:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
swordsman11868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:56 PM   #22
dtc e46 01

My Ride: 01 325CI Convertible
Year: 2001
Model: 325 CI Convertible
Transmission: Steptronic
Your PM Box is full. I tried to send you one. If you are willing to share the suppliers info, I am more than willing to purchase one. Either way, EXTREMELY generous offer on your part!!!!!!!
dtc e46 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:22 PM   #23
Knight

My Ride: SL63 | SHO | E46
My pleasure, gents. Happy this is helpful!

Update: The website I placed the order with is looking to be a little questionable. Almost a week later and my order is still in processing. Sent an inquiry and if no reply, thankfully have PayPal dispute as an option.

In the meantime, I found another pack on Amazon that popped up and snagged it. Should arrive Friday and the next round can go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves325in2012 View Post
PMed.. This is very nice of you!
Sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverdogz View Post
Pmed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hani View Post
PM Sent. Thank You!
Pending new order, then you'll each be sent 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvx5832 View Post
Perfect timing too since mine has started to leak again. Was waiting for a larger order to buy one then your offer shows up. Very eager to try Viton for this application since this is replacement #3 in 178k miles.

Thanks again Knight!
Sent! Hopefully this resolves it for you. I replaced my original reservoir with a new one when I bought the car and it wasn't long before it started weeping again. 3+ years on this replacement o-ring and no more issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeverThis View Post
Pm'd thanks!
Sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaliDawg View Post
PM sent, thanks!

Also, know that there is an air vent in the cap that is the main source of the PS fluid weep.
You can shove a Q-tip in there to knock it down a bit.
Sent!

Good to know, thank you. I haven't noticed any leaks since installing the upgraded o-ring but will check this first if it weeps fluid again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by se93 View Post
PM sent

Thank you!!!!

Regards,

Mark
No problem! All were claimed but I have your info for when the new order arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapote View Post
No thanks. It's the cap imperfection that caused the leak, not the seal.

https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1021110

After this fix, my bottle is still dry clean in many years with same OEM seal.
Good for you.

My PS reservoir hasn't leaked in years either and all it took was a new o-ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
that's nice of you.

didn't know this was an issue, haven't noticed it leaking there on my cars. Always heard it was the vent hole in cap that allowed fluid out during aggressive driving.

people have fixed that by a number of ways like:
1) barbed fitting in vent hole to a hose
2) "sock mod" you can look it up here on forum
3) Q-tip mod.

but if the old seal gets flattened and a new one helps I can believe it.
just mentioning there may be more than one issue causing leaks up around that area.
Good point & suggestions, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalocnus View Post
All instances I've seen were caused by the seal - completely flattened out and virtually invisible, as if it's part of the cap.

The Viton seals worked in all these cases, and I am yet to see a PS reservoir cap that got one of these to start leaking again.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTEASER View Post
I'll take one if you still have some. PM sent.
Have your info and I will send one your way once the new order comes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdtiger View Post
Hello there Knight your pms are full. Just thought I would say if you happen to get anymore of those viton orings I would be greatful for one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc e46 01 View Post
Your PM Box is full. I tried to send you one. If you are willing to share the suppliers info, I am more than willing to purchase one. Either way, EXTREMELY generous offer on your part!!!!!!!
Just a small gesture, my pleasure! PM box now cleared.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Knight; 03-03-2020 at 08:01 PM.
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2020, 08:06 PM   #24
dtc e46 01

My Ride: 01 325CI Convertible
Model: 325 CI Convertible
Transmission: Steptronic
P/S upgrade

I think I was able to get a PM to you. Very much appreciate the generosity of your offer!
dtc e46 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:37 PM   #25
vitalstat

My Ride: 2001 325i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Mentioned this in another thread and sent a few out already. This is an upgrade over what comes from the factory/with replacement reservoirs. Had one installed for a couple years now and no more weeping fluid from the cap.

7 remaining and this thread will be updated as they are claimed.

PM me a mailing address and I will send one your way.
Ill take one??
PM sent

Last edited by vitalstat; 03-06-2020 at 05:49 PM.
vitalstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:42 PM   #26
Gensker6

My Ride: 330Ci
PM sent, thank you, Knight!!
Gensker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:00 PM   #27
bhill

My Ride: E46, E30
PM sent, thank you!
bhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:32 PM   #28
GTEASER

My Ride: Lexus GX470
Thanks Knight!
GTEASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:34 PM   #29
Schoir

My Ride: BMW 2002 tii
PM Sent. Thanks you.
Schoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:45 AM   #30
IceWhite

My Ride: 2004 330i
PM Sent
IceWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:51 AM   #31
doukas007

My Ride: e46 320 coupe
Model: 320ci
Transmission: manual
I want oneee .pm sent

doukas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:37 AM   #32
All2kool

My Ride: 2002 325Ci
Quote:
This is an upgrade over what comes from the factory/with replacement reservoirs.
I installed an O-Ring from True Value to solve this. Can't remember which one but it was less than $2 as I recall.

Previous:

All2kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:17 AM   #33
Hani

My Ride: 02 330i, 00 323i,
Knight, Thank you for your generous gesture of giving back to this forum and community, we very much appreciate it!
Hani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:23 AM   #34
[email protected]

My Ride: 328
Generous of you!! Can you post what ever specs or part #'s are needed so I can order direct from Viton-O-Ring ? Thanks.
edw1@cinci.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:41 AM   #35
Knight

My Ride: SL63 | SHO | E46
Update: The next 10 arrived. Need to organize this weekend but 10 will go out Monday morning.

The vendor with the large order was a bust - PayPal dispute in progress. I am exploring two other vendors in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hani View Post
Knight, Thank you for your generous gesture of giving back to this forum and community, we very much appreciate it!
Happy to help out! This is a great community and just wanted to do something to show a little appreciation for its members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Generous of you!! Can you post what ever specs or part #'s are needed so I can order direct from Viton-O-Ring ? Thanks.
Sure!

Material: Viton, 75A
ID (Inner Diameter): 42mm
OD (Outer Diameter): 46mm
CS (Thickness): 2mm

Original Batch Info
Manufacturer: H&D Distributors / Wesley Seals
Manufacturer Part Number: B005RURJG6

Second Batch Info
Manufacturer: Mr. O-Ring
Manufacturer Part Number: V2.00X042

|
|
|
|
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:28 PM   #36
IceWhite

My Ride: 2004 330i
Quote:
Update: The next 10 arrived. Need to organize this weekend but 10 will go out Monday morning.

The vendor with the large order was a bust - PayPal dispute in progress. I am exploring two other vendors in the meantime.

Happy to help out! This is a great community and just wanted to do something to show a little appreciation for its members.

Sure!

Material: Viton, 75A
ID (Inner Diameter): 42mm
OD (Outer Diameter): 46mm
CS (Thickness): 2mm

Original Batch Info
Manufacturer: H&D Distributors / Wesley Seals
Manufacturer Part Number: B005RURJG6

Second Batch Info
Manufacturer: Mr. O-Ring
Manufacturer Part Number: V2.00X042
Thank You for this info. Highly appreciated!
IceWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:30 PM   #37
se93

My Ride: BMW 328ci AW MTECH2
Quote:
Originally Posted by se93 View Post
PM sent

Thank you!!!!

Regards,

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knight, you haven’t forgotten about me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2020, 05:03 PM   #38
Spannerhead

My Ride: '02 330i/5 slicktop
Got my o-ring! Installing tomorrow...

Thanks Knight! You're a credit to the forum.

Current:

Past BMWs:

Past Other: '85 GSL-SE • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S • '85 RX-7 GSL
Spannerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:44 PM   #39
Sapote

My Ride: 2000 323i auto wagon
Viton seals are great for high temperature, but they become stiff and could leak in very cold climate.
Sapote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:21 PM   #40
daves325in2012

My Ride: 330 E46 and 528i E39
Year: 2004
Model: 330ci
Transmission: A5S-390R and A4S310R
O-Ring Received! Thanks a ton for the information in the package and for your contribution to the community!

Pretty Facelift on..PSS9\\OE+
daves325in2012 is offline   Reply With Quote