2005 330Ci - 150A Alternator (AL0814X) - Confirmed Fitment & Function - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2017, 12:42 PM   #1
Knight

My Ride: SL63 | SHO | E46
2005 330Ci - 150A Alternator (AL0814X) - Confirmed Fitment & Function

Update - Fitment confirmed. Best current price is $100 out the door with lifetime warranty.

Promo codes can be checked here:

https://www.dealsplus.com/advanceautoparts-coupons

It's a re-manufactured Bosch unit, model number AL0814X. According to Bosch's site, it is compatible with my car but I'm not able to dig up too much info about it.

https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/au...partId=AL0814X

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...99%7CL3*15587#

Anyone use one of these from Advance Auto Parts before? After promo codes and a core refund, it comes out to $70 with local pickup and a warranty.

Not concerned about the quality. My brand new (from FCP) Bosch alternator failed after a year on the 325 and I replaced it with a Bosch reman from Advance Auto. Came out of the box looking new and zero issues so I have no hesitation taking the same route with the 330.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Knight; 08-29-2018 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Fitment Confirmation & Price Update - Summer 2018
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #2
Knight

Some further research confirms that this is the alternator that comes with M56-equipped E46s and M54-equipped E60s. Nice to see an update to FCP's listing which supports this (vehicle fitment wasn't clear at the time I created this thread).

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...or-m54-al0814x

Anyone use this before? It's less expensive and more powerful so I will give it a go.

|
|
|
|
Old 12-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #3
Jason325xi
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2004 325xi 5speed
Definitely let everyone know how it work out! If someone already had to replace their alternator this could be a good option for sure
Adjustable koni yellow front struts, Rob43 9-way adjustable rear shocks, Special Rob43 lowering springs, supreme power drop hats, billet aluminum rear shock mounts, poly RTAB, poly FCAB, G.A.S. Disa kit, G.A.S. 1.2bar expansion tank cap, M56 valve cover

"No, thanks. I'm a vegetarian." Is a fun thing to say when someone hands you their baby.

Jason325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2018, 11:45 AM   #4
Knight

Finally installed one of these and it works well. Some audio whine I was experiencing before is now gone.

|
|
|
|
Old 08-27-2018, 05:49 PM   #5
daves325in2012

My Ride: 330 E46 and 528i E39
Year: 2004
Model: 330ci
Transmission: A5S-390R and A4S310R
nice upgrade PN, thanks!

Pretty Facelift on..PSS9\\OE+
daves325in2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:06 AM   #6
markusmarkus

My Ride: 2018 M240i
Why do you need an alternator that has that much capacity?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using E46Fanatics mobile app
markusmarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:58 PM   #7
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by markusmarkus View Post
Why do you need an alternator that has that much capacity?
For starters, it's a fraction of the cost of a 120A unit.

Capacity wise, I have multiple accessories hard-wired: radar, GPS, dash cam and multiple phone charging ports.

Plus, the extra juice got rid of some audio whine I was experiencing.

|
|
|
|