E46 Craigslist Thread | Poorly modded E46's for sale - Page 214 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old 02-19-2018, 09:36 PM   #4261
xi46

My Ride: 2002 330xi ZPP/SP/CW
Crackpipe asking price on a heavily modded, automatic 330xi with 134k miles.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/bmw-modified-and-maintained/6501453638.html

Some choice quotes because this ad is full of fail:
"99% of parts have a lifetime warranty from axles to rotors and brakes etc" - Oh do you mean the FCP Euro warranty that's non-transferable and therefore immediately void the moment you sell the car?
"YOU WILL NOT FIND A CAR THIS AGE OR AS MODIFIED WITH ANY TYPE OF WARRANTY" - See above. Also most people don't want your mods.
"car sounds absolutely mean has the pops on the downshifts & upshifts or when you want it to" - Just something else that 99% of your potential buyers will have to pay to be fixed.
"just want someone else to enjoy car will be washed and vacuumed before sale." - Read: I've put way too much money into this, it still needs maintenance, and I can't write.
"Asking $11,500 with every modification and the black rims and brand new bronze rims you will have 2 pairs of rims adding up to over 4k in rims and tires alone" - Read: Crack is good.
"Thanks there is NO lien" - Well why did you list it with one?

Last edited by xi46; 02-19-2018 at 09:43 PM.
xi46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:26 PM   #4262
hodgkinsc330ci

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Year: 2002
Transmission: ZF 5AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by xi46 View Post
Crackpipe asking price on a heavily modded, automatic 330xi with 134k miles.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/bmw-modified-and-maintained/6501453638.html

Some choice quotes because this ad is full of fail:
"99% of parts have a lifetime warranty from axles to rotors and brakes etc" - Oh do you mean the FCP Euro warranty that's non-transferable and therefore immediately void the moment you sell the car?
"YOU WILL NOT FIND A CAR THIS AGE OR AS MODIFIED WITH ANY TYPE OF WARRANTY" - See above. Also most people don't want your mods.
"car sounds absolutely mean has the pops on the downshifts & upshifts or when you want it to" - Just something else that 99% of your potential buyers will have to pay to be fixed.
"just want someone else to enjoy car will be washed and vacuumed before sale." - Read: I've put way too much money into this, it still needs maintenance, and I can't write.
"Asking $11,500 with every modification and the black rims and brand new bronze rims you will have 2 pairs of rims adding up to over 4k in rims and tires alone" - Read: Crack is good.
"Thanks there is NO lien" - Well why did you list it with one?
But, but, you're getting $4k in rims with this great deal! So it's like the car is only $7500!

The only automatic E46 worth that much would maybe be an excellently cared for, lower mileage ZHP. Wasn't that hideous blue "Pandem widebody" E46 wagon for sale in Denver too? Seems to be plenty of crack to go around up there...

That being said, I'd bet there's worse E46's to buy. Seems that the biggest issues (i.e, cooling system) have been taken care of. Still, his asking price approaches stratospheric.

I've seen some pretty bad E46's, and the ones that are allowed to fall into disrepair can be rough. I'd hate to be the new owner of a non-adult owned E46.

Sent from my [device_name] using E46Fanatics mobile app

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 BMW 330Ci 5AT
Quote:
[BMW Motors] Advertising has somehow convinced people that they're different. That they're made by magical Dachshunds who only eat special bratwursts made by virgins in an undisclosed magical spot inside of the black forest that can only be accessed via a special hydrogen powered BMW helicopter.
hodgkinsc330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:49 PM   #4263
xi46

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgkinsc330ci View Post
Wasn't that hideous blue "Pandem widebody" E46 wagon for sale in Denver too? Seems to be plenty of crack to go around up there...

That being said, I'd bet there's worse E46's to buy. Seems that the biggest issues (i.e, cooling system) have been taken care of. Still, his asking price approaches stratospheric.
The hideous "Pandem widebody" wagon was being sold here. I'm thinking there may be a correlation between asking prices and the passage of Amendment 64.

Good point about maintenance. Despite the mods, which I generally don't find appealing and don't think the average buyer would either, it has probably been well maintained compared to many.

Really tempted to ask if I get two E46s for that price.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:05 PM   #4264
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 01 330Ci "Mia"
cluster is also greyed out where the cog would be
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

BMWCCA GGC: 530872
YoitsTmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:42 PM   #4265
mikebriley

My Ride: 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
cluster is also greyed out where the cog would be
Indeed, the cluster looks all kinds of weird to me. What's up with the lit up car icon just to the left of the odometer but with no open doors or blown lights indicated? I never see that thing lit up without it trying to tell me something about a light or a door.

And presuming he hasn't modified the temperature buffer, so isn't that temperature gauge reading a little high for just idling?

Also, while we're at it - what is up with bros and the damned tow hooks? Really, does your ride need to be towed so often that having the hook already in place is a real time saver?
mikebriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:44 PM   #4266
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 01 330Ci "Mia"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebriley View Post
Indeed, the cluster looks all kinds of weird to me. What's up with the lit up car icon just to the left of the odometer but with no open doors or blown lights indicated? I never see that thing lit up without it trying to tell me something about a light or a door.

And presuming he hasn't modified the temperature buffer, so isn't that temperature gauge reading a little high for just idling?

Also, while we're at it - what is up with bros and the damned tow hooks? Really, does your ride need to be towed so often that having the hook already in place is a real time saver?
Good catch, you can almost see the change in the compression profile over a few areas.

And it's a BMW, always gotta get towed, especially when you hide lights!
|
|

BMWCCA GGC: 530872
YoitsTmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:37 AM   #4267
xi46

Good spot on the cluster irregularities. I wonder if those explain why it’s being sold.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Old 02-20-2018, 10:51 AM   #4268
TynPar

My Ride: '01 325 vert
Ad for an E36 (as far as I can tell), but too bizarre not to share.

https://elmira.craigslist.org/cto/d/...500711864.html

TynPar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #4269
jarsdad1

My Ride: 1994 325i
Funny, but honest.
jarsdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:07 PM   #4270
Fox Fader

My Ride: '05 325i
Could have spent the time he took chopping the pic to take a pic. Nevertheless, funny though.

10 Ford GT 401a 5sp 17k miles
17 Z125 PRO
07 Tuono Factory
03 F150 STX Lightning replica

Fox Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:43 PM   #4271
All2kool

My Ride: 2002 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by xi46 View Post
Good spot on the cluster irregularities. I wonder if those explain why it’s being sold.
He was handy with the Cut & Paste. Zooming in on the Cluster clearly shows he's been busy with PhotoShop.

Previous:

All2kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:19 PM   #4272
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebriley View Post
could be high..but probably just put the gauge needle back on wrong. he put M3 style faces on this car and in the other photo sharpied the needles black. so it might just be put on wrong after the job.

OE CSL WHEELS - OE CSL BRAKES - OE AUTOFLD MIRRORS - CSL RACK - CSL TRUNK - CSL DIFFUSER - AA TUNE - AA PULLEYS - AS 40% SSK - BILSTEIN PSS9s
CF CSL LIP - NAV- BMWP CF STRUT BAR - BMW GROUP N MNTS - GRUPPE M CF INTAKE - SUPERSPRINT - UUC S/S LINES, RTABs - H&R SWAYS - 4.10 M-SPORT DIFF
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:14 AM   #4273
HayWagon

My Ride: 03 330iT
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/o...ves/1335995155
It's not priced as insane as some, but still insane for a scrap car.

340000+km
Rusted
I have no idea what is going on with that paint...
But.. "The engine and tranny are mint"

Whoa boy, he added some photos. Passenger rocker is.. gone..

Last edited by HayWagon; 02-26-2018 at 02:28 PM.
HayWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:05 PM   #4274
Spannerhead

My Ride: '02 330i/5 slicktop
Spent all his money on wheels and a drop rather than an expansion tank, I guess:

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/c...512675674.html

Current:
•
•

Past BMWs:
•
•

Past Other: '85 GSL-SE • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S • '85 RX-7 GSL
Spannerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:55 AM   #4275
ChuckyVee

My Ride: 2000 323i, '99 328is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannerhead View Post
Spent all his money on wheels and a drop rather than an expansion tank, I guess:

Yup! Too bad.

First Bimmer..."Miss December"...2000 323i, purchased Dec. 2013 w/82K on the clock. PM thus far...pads/rotors, belts/pulleys, complete CS overhaul, FCABs, plugs, autotranny/differential service, fuel pump, filter, and relay. Full front end refresh with LCAs and bushings, struts and mounts, inner/outer tie rods, sway bar endlinks and bushings.
ChuckyVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:22 PM   #4276
fordy_4

My Ride: 00' 330ci, 97' R33
Quote:

That pretty much sums up the majority of E46’s for sale cheap here in Australia. Our heat and the plastic cooling system aren’t the best of friends, and a slammed society culture doesn’t help

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

Fern Green Division

16:9 On-Board Monitor | Rear PDC | Xenons | ZSP | Sunroof | Golf tee mod | Michelin PS4 | Stage 1 ECU reflash
fordy_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:47 AM   #4277
Spannerhead

https://huntsville.craigslist.org/ct...479086040.html

Why do people not clean out their cars before they take pictures? It's Car Selling 101... Boggles the mind.

Current:
•
•

Past BMWs:
•
•

Old 03-02-2018, 11:03 AM   #4278
xi46

Quote:
https://huntsville.craigslist.org/ct...479086040.html

Why do people not clean out their cars before they take pictures? It's Car Selling 101... Boggles the mind.

I’d put the stock air box back too. The hot air intake really speaks to the way you could expect the car to be maintained in general.

“NO I WONT TAKE 2500 FOR IT.” Haha I bet you will eventually.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:37 AM   #4279
Spannerhead

https://huntsville.craigslist.org/ct...515991761.html

Wish my clutch was mice and tight too, and that I had a weighted ahift knob... One day!

Current:
•
•

Past BMWs:
•
•

Old 03-06-2018, 10:05 AM   #4280
evanr614

My Ride: M3/328Ci
somethings gotta be wrong with this one https://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/d...520498588.html

328Ci Project Thread

evanr614 is offline   Reply With Quote