Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 Review - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Tire & Wheel Forum

Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-10-2016, 02:51 PM   #21
Knight

My Ride: SL63 | SHO | E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlegend View Post
It all comes down to knowing your limits and the limits of your equipment.
This is true. An experienced driver will be able to get by in many scenarios, but not without taking a greater risk in the process. Winter tires are by far the optimal performers and if an all season tire needs to be used, something like a Continental DWS 06 will outperform the Hankook by a huge margin in the snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikoo View Post
I am not ranking - Tire Rack is. Just sharing the information on how fast times change.
I don't associate any credibility to that Tire Rack overall rating. If you look more closely, it has to do with the poor performance in the snow, which was known/expected. Your average driver will buy an all season tire and expect miracles in every condition.

Performance in the dry/wet as well as comfort are still rated quite high and I will continue to use this tire on at least one of my E46's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Knight, thanks for the review
Yessir.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Knight; 03-10-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #22
[email protected]
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 1-800-428-8355 X4664
Good solid review. Thanks for keeping us updated. If your looking for a more value priced all-season this tire is worth a strong look. I have owned a set my self personally and have been very pleased overall. Wet traction could be improved a little.
Rudy@Tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:11 PM   #23
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Good solid review. Thanks for keeping us updated. If your looking for a more value priced all-season this tire is worth a strong look. I have owned a set my self personally and have been very pleased overall. Wet traction could be improved a little.
Thank you and welcome to E46F, Rudy.

|
|
|
|
Old 08-29-2016, 03:15 PM   #24
Knight

$80 rebate is back for this tire:

|
|
|
|
Old 09-08-2016, 09:36 PM   #25
Mango

My Ride: Lexus
I had these on my Prius on FRS wheels last year. I must say they are good tires. I was quite happy with them. They're not marketed as low rolling resistance tires but they do claim to feature low rolling resistance rubber. Either way they got good economy and gripped pretty decently for what they are.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8125.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	640597  

|
|
|

-
-
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote