Warning FCP euro parts - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-09-2019, 09:54 AM   #21
wasp9166

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
no complaints with fcp

their cs is better than many

back in the day there were many choices for parts etc

now i pretty much use ecs or fcp, most have either been bought or just closed up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."

Last edited by wasp9166; 11-09-2019 at 09:55 AM.
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:51 AM   #22
BullCityBimmer

My Ride: 1998 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbob89 View Post
I always use the free shipping option and parts are here in 3 to 4 days.

Yup same here

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
BullCityBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:20 AM   #23
beechbmw

My Ride: 2004 330ci Coupe
Transmission: 6 spd SSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4G- View Post
Being In the mid Atlantic I do FCP all day everyday with the free shipping option and get it in 3-4. Customer support is great.

Sent from my iPad using E46Fanatics
I have to positively echo TR4G-. We are nearby to each other. All of the 15-20 times I have ordered from FCPeuro, I have used free shipping and received it in 3-4 work days. Sometimes if FCPeuro ships something that gets routed through the USPS, it will be delivered on Saturday, which FedEx and UPS usually will not do, unless more shipping costs are incurred.

Whenever I have called them for info. on a part, they are very knowledgeable and correct. I have yet to have an incorrect part shipped or have something missing from the shipment. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.
beechbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #24
Knight

My Ride: SL63 | SHO | E46
FCP Euro is the gold standard of automotive parts. Just give them a call.

In the couple of instances (over a span of years and dozens of orders) where I had an issue with an order, everything was resolved promptly.

Actually was there yesterday and it was great to see how much they have grown.

As for shipping, I typically go with the free shipping option and receive my items in 1-4 days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:55 PM   #25
docnabimmer

My Ride: 2001 Acura 3.2 CL
my experience from them .free shipping gets here(NJ) overnight or 3 days max as long as it is ordered before 2pm EST and part is stocked/available. if i pay shipping ? it is here after 5 PM the NEXT Day. That is just some perspective from a long time customer. if you have problems with them? call them .They are responsive and will make it right . Amazon for me is like Ebay with "chinesium" parts and sellers but with faster shipping.As for the quality of parts??doubt each quality and warranty (if there is one). But if you want it cheap and fast _Amazon it is.
Disclaimer- i too have prime but dont work for FCP nor Amazon nor ebay.
docnabimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:25 PM   #26
Alex323Ci
OE ///MEMBER PLUS

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkraut View Post
These folks will charge you for fast three day shipping but then use USPS priority mail and your parts will be delayed. False advertising. They should use fedex or UPS. snail mail has too many people and mail men that often do not want to carry a package. They will go round and round. I paid for three day shipping 12 bucks and with the vetern day may get the parts in 9 days. Meanwhile the vehicle is red lined. Poor business and don't appear concerned.
Ok let’s see their policy and what you selected:
3 Day Shipping
Guaranteed arrival within 3 Business Days from when your order ships. Tracking and Package Insurance Included.

so when was your order shipped exactly?

anyone going to bash a company and cost them business should be respectable enough to be forthright about whole situation.

Also FCP Euro has exceptional customer service if they’re actually at fault I’m sure they’ll make it right. Even if they’re not at fault I’m sure they’ll take care of you so you feel confidence with them over anyone else, they’re really that good imho.

OE CSL WHEELS - OE CSL BRAKES - OE AUTOFLD MIRRORS - CSL RACK - CSL TRUNK - CSL DIFFUSER - AA TUNE - AA PULLEYS - AS 40% SSK - BILSTEIN PSS9s
CF CSL LIP - NAV- BMWP CF STRUT BAR - BMW GROUP N MNTS - GRUPPE M CF INTAKE - SUPERSPRINT - UUC S/S LINES, RTABs - H&R SWAYS - 4.10 M-SPORT DIFF
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:38 PM   #27
GearRex

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP
There are very few companies that I would stand up for, FCP Euro is one of them. They are an excellent parts supplier for my BMW’s, and their Customer Service - as others have said - is the gold standard.

I have never been disappointed, and when I have needed, they have resolved my issues promptly and to my satisfaction.

Their Lifetime Guarantee for the parts they sell, is an added plus. I exclusively buy from them, unless they do not have what I am looking for.

Their website clearly states:
“All orders of $49 or more qualify for Free Economy Shipping within the contiguous U.S.”

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/free-shipping

Economy shipping means that the speed of delivery isn’t guaranteed, and will vary depending on where you live, and the size of the package.

If you want GUARANTEED fast shipping, you have other options in the website.
GearRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:19 PM   #28
Alex323Ci
OE ///MEMBER PLUS

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearRex View Post
There are very few companies that I would stand up for, FCP Euro is one of them. They are an excellent parts supplier for my BMW's, and their Customer Service - as others have said - is the gold standard.
I have never been disappointed, and when I have needed, they have resolved my issues promptly and to my satisfaction.
Their website clearly states:
"All orders of $49 or more qualify for Free Economy Shipping within the contiguous U.S."
https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/free-shipping
Economy shipping means that the speed of delivery isn't guaranteed, and will vary depending on where you live, and the size of the package.
If you want GUARANTEED fast shipping, you have other options in the website.
it appears the OP paid $12 so he used one of the different options for shipping. the one i posted above should be the option he used. the other cost $9.99

OE CSL WHEELS - OE CSL BRAKES - OE AUTOFLD MIRRORS - CSL RACK - CSL TRUNK - CSL DIFFUSER - AA TUNE - AA PULLEYS - AS 40% SSK - BILSTEIN PSS9s
CF CSL LIP - NAV- BMWP CF STRUT BAR - BMW GROUP N MNTS - GRUPPE M CF INTAKE - SUPERSPRINT - UUC S/S LINES, RTABs - H&R SWAYS - 4.10 M-SPORT DIFF

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 11-09-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #29
wfx32

My Ride: AWD
Model: 330XI 08/2004
Transmission: auto
yeah the fcp shipping process could definitely be improved. somehow they are missing the ability to select one of usps, ups, fedex. you may not get what you ask for, even when ordering over the phone.

last summer i asked kyle a couple of times to look into this. i suspect they are using some automated process which is selecting the cheapest shipper.

the cheapest is usually fedex, and fedex is a complete nightmare here, so when i order from fcp, i pay extra for usps, but they will ignore and ship fedex .. so i call fedex to preemptively refuse, and eventually it gets returned and shipped as requested.

sad to read here that they are still having shipping problems. otherwise it is a great operation.
wfx32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 04:31 PM   #30
Tnkraut

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Year: 2006
Model: 330ci e46 ZHP
Transmission: Automatic
(Sat. Evening), Kyle from FCP euro emailed me to support my situation today, I assume on his day off. I explained the company had sent my package to my P.O. box instead of my shipping address. I'm guessing but I bet some computer shipped to the P.O. Box which is just for billing. I went to two post offices and one had just received the package and ready to send it to the other. I was able to intercept the package and avoid the veterans day holiday delay. I am over the anxiety and the car is running well. I appreciate Kyle's effort and will call in, my next order. Thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions. Great forum compared to others I belong to.
Tnkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 04:48 PM   #31
docnabimmer

Glad you got your parts OP.And Thanks again Kyle ....imagine that, on a Sat nonetheless, when closed.Just can't beat this level of service these days....
Old 11-09-2019, 08:45 PM   #32
GearRex

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP
In the OP's defense, and to be fair to both sides, I believe the real issue is the website default settings on the Shipping Options page during check-out. The website does not default to the free shipping option whenever the amount is over $49.99. Instead, it defaults to "Best Value $7.99", or something else.

If the buyer isn't paying attention, you may move right pass the shipping options, and not notice you paid for shipping, which may come off to the buyers as being fooled into paying shipping - as the OP did, when they discovered they paid for shipping much later in the process.

It is really a simple fix the website administrators can easily implement, and it would go a long way to avoid situations like this one.

Last edited by GearRex; 11-10-2019 at 02:01 AM.
GearRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #33
Mike.Santos999

My Ride: BMW E46
Im in Manila. Ive read good things about FCP on here. So I gave them a try. My order took only 5 days shipping. Im impressed to say the least.

We have some guys in our local BMW forums selling OEM parts but they're not reliable at times, sometimes they cant get parts. FCP is my go to store for OEM parts.

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

Regards,
Mike
The SCTEX Midnight Driver
Mike.Santos999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:08 PM   #34
docnabimmer

5 days to manila...wow.What do they use to ship DHL, FedEx? I'm even surprised it doesn't get " lost " in the mail....if you know what I mean ..
Old 11-12-2019, 10:37 AM   #35
gde15237

I'm another satisfied FCP Euro customer.

The one time that I screwed up and forgot to add express shipping when I needed parts quickly, the parts arrived in about 3 days anyway.

I have also replaced parts under their warranty, and both returns and warranty exchange of parts is hassle-free and easy to use.

I hope this doesn't jinx me for the future!
gde15237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:45 AM   #36
goforit

My Ride: 2000 323i
Another satisfied FCP Euro customer here, 20+ orders without an issue, all have shipped the same day and arrived as expected whether UPS, FedEx or USPS.

In general I have experienced delays in shipping using all 3 carriers, depends on where stuff is coming from and what hubs it's going through. Reading your post above I'm glad you got your parts.

Last edited by goforit; 11-12-2019 at 11:46 AM.
goforit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #37
NYRhockey

My Ride: '04 IR ZHP 6MT Sedan
lol @ the OP. "No hard feelings", yea right.

FCP is top notch.
NYRhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:19 PM   #38
330ciprem

My Ride: 2006 330ci 6sp Man
Numerous orders with FCP - no complaints what so ever.

They are the best.
330ciprem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:27 PM   #39
Solidjake
Shifting

My Ride: 2013 328i 6MT
I've ordered A LOT from them. Only once my order was very late and I did pay for the faster shipping that time. (I usually do the free one since I'm in NYC). They responded promptly to my email and took care of the issue.

-
-

-
-

Solidjake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:20 PM   #40
tech4tech

My Ride: 2004 325i 70k miles
Year: 2004
Model: 325i
Transmission: Auto
FCP no longer pricematches, which in addition to long s/h times for budget shipping, makes it less attractive for west coast people.
tech4tech is offline   Reply With Quote