auto climate everytime i start the car - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2015, 09:57 AM   #1
e46_pt

My Ride: e46
auto climate everytime i start the car

Every time i start the ignition, my '99 e46 starts the climate control, is there a way to turn off with inpa?
e46_pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
NyC35AV

My Ride: 99' 323i ZSP/S52 E34
You have to code it to your car. If you don't know your way around a member or the dealer may turn off that option for you. I have to do the same.
NyC35AV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:36 AM   #3
e46_pt

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyC35AV View Post
You have to code it to your car. If you don't know your way around a member or the dealer may turn off that option for you. I have to do the same.
After some googling I found how to do it with NCS Expert.

When I get the time, I'll try it and share with you guys
e46_pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2015, 07:18 AM   #4
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i S54 sedan (
the newer style hvac controls do this, just buy the newer e46 version. I think they call them the 12 button or something, while the old style is 10 buttons?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RENT MY RTAB TOOLS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RENT MY ENGINE HOIST

SPONSORS: |Good 'N Plenty Restaurant, 150 Eastbrook Road Smoketown, PA| |AVINUSA |
| |
|

Last edited by BDUB328I; 03-28-2015 at 07:18 AM.
BDUB328I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:50 AM   #5
dawickedest

My Ride: 325i 2002 model
Amy help
dawickedest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:54 AM   #6
dawickedest

Hi guys. .I noticed some times when I turn my ac although the ac motor activates and the coolness start to be felt in the vents. I repeatedly have to hit the left side of the middle console on the dash just under the key hole before the internal fan starts to blow. It is embarrassing. Any help
Old 03-28-2015, 11:17 AM   #7
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2003 330CI Silver
Mine is the old style and it doesn't auto turn on. My 2001 did that and it irritated me. There's no way to code it out.

I've tried, trust me

Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.

Last edited by NumbaOneNewb; 03-28-2015 at 11:17 AM.
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:29 AM   #8
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i S54 sedan (
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumbaOneNewb View Post
Mine is the old style and it doesn't auto turn on. My 2001 did that and it irritated me. There's no way to code it out.

I've tried, trust me
wait what? your old style one does not come on every time you start the car?

Mine is the old style and even if I have it off when I shut off the car, the next time I start the car it will be on.

RENT MY RTAB TOOLS

RENT MY ENGINE HOIST

SPONSORS: |Good 'N Plenty Restaurant, 150 Eastbrook Road Smoketown, PA| |AVINUSA |
| |
|
BDUB328I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:54 AM   #9
dawickedest

Ok. .lol.. but my question still needs a reply
Old 03-30-2015, 08:57 AM   #10
dawickedest

Mine was working fine until it recently started randomly playing up. So I think it must be an electrical problem. But I don't want a tech playing trial and error with it cos he might worsen or start a need problem altogether