GM5/FZV antenna problems resolved - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 01:44 AM   #1
nszwed17

My Ride: 1999 323i
GM5/FZV antenna problems resolved

I have had an occuring problem for about a year with my key fob not working in unlocking/locking my doors. I did some research and found Scott at http://www.bmwgm5.com/ and emailed him back and forth and then sent down my FZV Antenna to be checked out for only $60. So scott replied back and said he repaired the FZV antenna and sent it back in nice packaging. Put the FZV antenna back in and now my key fob works again and my doors automatically lock when going 10mph +

Scott also helped me in the past during the 2010 summer when it was very hot outside, all of my doors would be locked and couldnt possibly be unlocked except the drivers door, this problem was in the GM5 module, which i also sent down to Scott and he fixed the bad relays for a very cheap price of $120 compared to $700 for a new GM5 module. The problem never occured again.

I just wanted to let everyone know about these issues and that Scott is the man in fixing these things. Thanks a ton Scott!

1999 323i

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked sidemarkers, blue angel eyes, R/C/R Tailights, 15% tint all around, matte black kidney grill, bosch icon wiper blades, kicker ZX850.4 powering CDT 3 way comps in front and 2 way CDT comps in the rear

Future Mods:M3 mirrors, Mtech 2 front bumper+arqray lip, Mtech 2 rear bumper, TiAg painted exterior moldings, P46,coilovers, Clear/Red Led Tailights, new wheels, seats

Last edited by nszwed17; 12-19-2010 at 11:57 AM.
nszwed17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:57 AM   #2
Starless

My Ride: 02' 325i
The guy is a genius
Starless is offline   Reply With Quote