E46Fanatics - View Single Post - quickjack backup / six jack points?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 12:18 AM   #4
erroberts1

My Ride: '03 ZHP, '05 xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfx32 View Post
thanks .. i wonder if that would be the same as the subframe and rear differential bracket.. i have been told those are safe jack points.

i think the quickjack is a pneumatic lift. it's made by bendpak and looks well engineered. the new model is a heaver construction, rated to 7000 pounds, and has locks which take all of the load off of the lift mechanism.

i would be ok with additional jacks as long as i am not working on the subframe or differential or control arms. but maybe a couple of giant blocks of wood or masonry would be a better backup to the lift than the traditional floor jack and jack stands.

Honestly, Iíve spent a lot of time under my car on a Quickjack 5000 and have given this a lot of thought... nothing else is required.

These are super safe and have a built in failsafe. If the locking arms fail, it is still under hydraulic pressure. If the piston gives out, the locking arms are there.

Also, once you start adding more stuff like jack stands under the car it gets too crowded to work since the quickjack makes the car completely inaccessible from the sides.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
erroberts1 is offline   Reply With Quote