E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Crankcase vent valve replacement
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 09:09 AM   #13
markusmarkus

My Ride: 2018 M240i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenDisarray83 View Post
Spent most of the day trying this. Wasn't able to connect CCV and twist CCV 90 degrees. However, it appears that while the connecting line twist off from the CCV valve, it can be connected by snapping it in. Is it possible that I should be snapping it in to connect? Did I misunderstand the instructions?

Ended up stupidly breaking the other end of the connecting line (broke the plastic ring), so I need to order another.

Place the CCV body approximately where it will be after you’ve completed this project. Then, rotate the CCV body 90 degrees so that the CCV bottom is facing the engine. The CCV body’s connector needs to line up with the “hole” through which the hose from the air distribution manifold will come. Then use a long flat blade screwdriver to push the bottom end of the hose from the air distribution manifold towards the CCV body so that its connector and that of the CCV body are aligned and joined together. Then rotate the CCV body 90 degrees so that its bottom is facing the ground.
markusmarkus is offline   Reply With Quote