E46Fanatics - View Single Post - DIY: Door Lock Actuator Removal & Attempt of Repair
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 09:29 PM   #150
se93

My Ride: BMW 328ci AW MTECH2
DIY: Door Lock Actuator Removal & Attempt of Repair

It was pretty straightforward. Removing the E8 bolt and the 2 10mm rail bolts made removal and installation a breeze

I got everything reconnected (including door lock cylinder) and verified the inside door handle connectors to the actuator are properly installed and the nuts/bolts fastened

My issue is that i cannot open the door. I have to get a set of pliers and pull on the inside door handle wire and also insert the key and turn it for the door to open

I have loosened the bolt holding the door lock cylinder, slightly pulling on the outer door handle and tightening the bolt as mentioned previously on this thread but it stays the same

Upon closing/opening you see the door pin move down/up as it should. The actuator aligned perfectly and i tightened the 3 bolts

What is wrong?

Just to clarify, is the torx bolt that holds in the door lock cylinder the one that adjusts or is it a small hole towards the right side which has a small black plastic grommet?

The actuator used on my car per VIN/production date is the one below. The old one matched perfectly with the new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by se93; 06-08-2018 at 10:06 PM.
se93 is offline   Reply With Quote