E46 Fanatics Forum banner

iGO Primo Issues/Tweaks/Systxt thread

523K views 798 replies 150 participants last post by  jwibb 
#1 · (Edited)
If you will, I've thought of starting a new thread dedicated to SYSTXT, tweaking and fixing iGO and Primo issues. It's getting to be a bit of a chore looking for IGO and Primo content in the Dynavin hardware thread. Jeff's thread is starting to look like flea market if it isnt already. So let's try to centralize software mapping issues, infos and tips here folks :wow: Maybe we can call this Darkoz's corner :rofl:

Im gonna devirginized this thread and start off with an annoying issue, at least for me.

Is there a way to customize or eliminate the distance voice alerts when approaching a turn? For example: Eliminate the "In 800/300 meters turn left/right" alerts. I pref to hear only the last alert ie; "turn next left/right".

#545 · (Edited)
OK so I've downloaded the engage.zip file after searching the Australian thread and finding the Aus file link doesn't exist anymore. I should have realised given Darkoz first post is now just a couple of lines of dots........... .......

Is it normal that there in fact isn't an iGo Primo folder in the .zip file now just all the files/folders etc that go to make up the 'iGo Primo' folder? So all that needs to be done is to copy the engage.zip contents to the igo primo folder on the sd card? ... or has the download in fact failed...zip file opens ok and all seems fine with the files.

I have read this whole thread and both Dynavin ones as well...anything else here before I start on the mobilepassion ones...lol

...In fact it looks like some bits are missing...ie no content folder or any folders actually...took three hours to dl too.

OMG I thought I knew PCs...I extracted and it all ended up in the correct place...my bad...just didn't notice the imbedded folder structure in the zip file...sorry...and thanks again Darkoz...

#548 · (Edited)
Yes hence my disgust with myself...look before you... write rubbish in a forum...:censor:
Haha, don't feel so bad, I write rubbish all the time
Regarding the Primo link in the Australian Forum, I've been having issues with the hosting site deleting the upload but am currently uploading again to another hosting site and it'll be available again for download in an hour or so

#555 ·
Send out another two 4 gig SD cards today pre-loaded with iGo8.3, iGoPrimo, and Wolf. If you would like a pre formatted card that is plug and play and will update your navigation system, just shoot me a pm :hi:

#561 ·
Hey, I know it's not really a WolfNCU thread but I guess this falls under the tweaks portion... Does anyone who is running WolfNCU (and the iDrive skin) know how to get rid of the WolfSound mini player? Whenever I start up the iDrive skin it has the buttons and title already and I don't want to have the mini title bar show (it's the one with the little green equalizer). If I click on the equalizer thing, it disappears but for a few seconds and then it comes back...

#562 ·
i think i saw it in this thread but searched but couldn't find it but how to you get around the music muting when navi is giving directions in igo primo? i'm fine with music coming from the rear but don't like it muting the whole thing until she shuts up...

#566 ·
I notice there isn't a save file in the latest engage.zip. Could this be what is causing my startup to fail? I am not getting any messages, it just hangs up...
I have read through every page of the post and this seemed to be an issue for a few folks. New SD card, deleted sys.txt file.

#571 ·
No, it should be checked (filled in orange) if you want the radio to keep playing from the rear.

#574 ·
I downloaded Darkoz's Primo and when I put an address in to it I get the annoying voice guidence which knocks my sound out of the front channels everytime. So I go in and mute it and all is well but as soon as I turn the car off and back on it's back to being un-muted. Anyway to keep it muted for good?

#585 ·
Igo Primo Freezes

Hi there.

I put Igo Primo on my SD card and ran it, it worked like a dream, yet at the weekend I went out to the country and it just kept freezing.

Not as in loosing signal, it actually froze, the car and map was stuck and no menus working, had to turn off the whole system to restart satnav, then it restarted, sometimes runs for 20 mins - othertimes 5 mins.

Can figure it out.

Anyone got any ideas?

DB

#586 ·
Tearing my hair out here... I have Primo 1.2 running on my Chinese DVD/GPS unit. Annoyingly, it randomly turns the radio down as if it is going to give an instruction, but no instruction / warning etc is there. This even happens when I am stationary with just the map on the screen. I've muted all warnings, guidance etc but it still turns down the radio audio. The only to stop it is to mute the master volume, which defeats the object really. I have tried many suggestions from forums about sys.txt lines added, tweaks etc but I still haven't found an answer.
Igo 8.3.4 did something similar but the problem was sorted when I disable Dynamic Volume. I've disabled that in Primo 1.2 and problem is still there.

Help!

#738 ·
My igo primo(9.2.1.178658) navigation system is currently running at 8gb class 10 sd chip card. However, the navigation keeps freezing. Originally I had a 2gb chip, think it was too slow and faulty, I upgraded to the 8gb class 10. I don't understand why it's not working. Can anyone point me out the problem?
Thank you, it's giving me a hard time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.