E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Yet another alignment thread. [Pics of steering rack]
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 08:03 AM   #18
MrMCar

My Ride: E30M3 Track Car
I'm baffled as to why you're still having issues. Would love to say it's the steering rack, albeit just about all of the issues we've had with those usually is a leak. I have yet to see one with a mechanical issue after a rebuild. But it's possible.

There are additional alignment measurements that are not normally performed, but most alignment machines have the capability to do so.

1) Toe angle difference: (Toe out on turns)
2) Geometrical axis deviation: (Setback)

#1 is accomplished by turning the front wheels 20 to each side and measure the difference displayed on the screen.

#2 Is a value read out after the alignment is complete. It measures the theoretical centerline of the front axle and the rear axle. Then if the center to center (C/C ) has a vast difference the car can pull to one side.

Rather that type your alignment results, can I ask that you scan the printout and post it here? Perhaps I can see something??

If you care to get another alignment check, I would be very curious as to what the two areas (additional measurements) come about as.

Is the shop thats performing the wheel alignment weighting the car down and measuring the ride heights and making any corrections BEFORE turning any wrenches?

I've posted an image and a link to what I mention. This is only for a plain 325 sedan. (Saloon) You will need to pick your exact car to get accurate data.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...rement/6XIMREc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32 00 Wheel Alignment E46 REAR END Standard suspension.png
Views:	14
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	792579  
MrMCar is offline   Reply With Quote