E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Which INPA K+ CAN Cable with Switch DCAN can you verify has worked?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 08:20 AM   #12
BaliDawg
DEADBEEF BAADF00D

My Ride: E39 E46 E84
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeverThis View Post
Did the bad bimmergeeks cables not work at all or was it more subtle?
There were two failure types we saw. One with no connection to the car at all (both circles in INPA were empty) and another where there was connection but it was rapidly intermittent (both circles in INPA were flashing rapidly). In all these cases I was connected remotely so couldn’t examine the cable.

I have seen these same failures on typical ebay or Amazon purchased cables as well, so I just assumed BimmerGeeks was selling the same cables for more money, which might be incorrect. The quality on all these cables seems hit or miss, but for $20 I figure it’s a fair risk.

People ask me all the time, “Which cable should I buy?”, and I just suggest to get the cheapest one from a seller near you that accepts returns.

One thing I find funny is that most cables use a four position switch when only a two position one is needed. Did the buyer for the manufacturer get a killer deal on a ton of 4-position switches???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BaliDawg; 01-16-2020 at 08:24 AM.
BaliDawg is online now   Reply With Quote