E46Fanatics - View Single Post - OBD Software and Interface $22.16
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #65
TR4G-

My Ride: E36/8 3.0i, E46 ZHP
OBD Software and Interface $22.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoj View Post
Most tools give you the option to export via CSV file format.

Even OBD Wiz allows that as well.

Have not tried OBD Fusion first hand, but I have been supporting a Fanatic here that purchased it and he has sent me numerous CSV files from captures that I have looked over and commented on. Additionally I have communicated with the author of OBDWiz, TouchScan and OBD Fusion and he has been pretty responsive. I have also added the Profession add on pack to my OBDWiz and only had a few moments to play with the Professional add on pack, so other than just the basic features that were expanded a bit, I cannot comment much yet. I am interested to see if I can use the PID search tool on a few interesting cars and actually monitor some things that do not follow the basic OBDII format, but time is my enemy at the moment.

Will all these tools there is a slight learning curve, however, most will figure them out pretty quickly.
My wifi dongle came in the mail today. Played around with it on PBD Fusion for a few minutes but couldn't figure out how to log data and export it. Connected to my ipad with ease. I contacted support just now so hopefully I hear back within the next day or so about logging.

My first impression is that it works as advertised. Reads code etc, has several PID values and such. It seems to be not as good of a solution as a direct hard wired option though, seems like there is a lag in the information but it is accurate. Seems almost like it takes data every few seconds as opposed to a constant stream. Not positive though, again only played around with it for about 20 minutes or so. Probably due to the nature of the wifi connection?

What did the CSV files look like that the other fanatics with OBD Fusion sent you? Just curious

Ahh, just realized it stands for comma separated values. So how would this work with live data? Is it just several instances of freeze frame data seconds apart over and over again?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TR4G-; 11-20-2013 at 08:11 PM.
TR4G- is offline   Reply With Quote