E46Fanatics - View Single Post - DISA Question
Thread: DISA Question
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 07:47 PM   #13
dcminiman_43

My Ride: 2004 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeverThis View Post
Ahh, just saw this. I would think that a brand new DISA seal can withstand a few installs and removals, but I don't have any experience with that either. I think they fail because of compression over a long time (many years), not because of install and removal. Use a bit of silicone paste as lube on the install to protect the seal from tearing when going in and it should be fine.

I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't preemptively change a brand new disa seal just because I plan to remove it in the future and it might fail then. I personally would try it and see how it holds up, and then if needed use the viton oring since you have it already.
Yeah my issue is i noticed It was noisey last spring, and the last few week under 28F I'd get a pending code of P0174 on my ultra gauge, and the other day it was 56 out so I thought I'd be nice and open up the throttle abit to blow some carbon out. Ever since at red lights etc it has a slight shutter/hesitant but normal rpms of 650-760 as I normally see it monitor at. But I'll get the pending code again and then takes a day or 2 but will pull the P0174/71 codes. So wanna swap this to rule it out if anything at least that anxiety of the Disa grenading my motor will be gone, jus will be a pain with how cold it is and no garage to tear into the lower boot ugh...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current Vehicles

1987 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer 2dr 2.5 5spd (Project)

2004 Mystic Blue 325I 5spd (Daily)
dcminiman_43 is offline   Reply With Quote