E46Fanatics - View Single Post - DISA Question
Thread: DISA Question
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 07:40 PM   #12
LeverThis

My Ride: 2004 325i automagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcminiman_43 View Post
So in theory your saying I'd be safe to install it and remove for future work ie: lower intake boot, ICV etc. If need be say in he next few months or so, just know everything is fragile in this area

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ahh, just saw this. I would think that a brand new DISA seal can withstand a few installs and removals, but I don't have any experience with that either. I think they fail because of compression over a long time (many years), not because of install and removal. Use a bit of silicone paste as lube on the install to protect the seal from tearing when going in and it should be fine.

I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't preemptively change a brand new disa seal just because I plan to remove it in the future and it might fail then. I personally would try it because its brand new and see how it holds up after removal, and then if needed use the viton oring since you have it already. Half laziness, half save the replacement till you really need it and half if its brand new dont fix it rationale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

20mm OD x 12mm ID x 4mm W : Viton O-Ring
3/4" OD x 1/2"ID x 1/16" Thick : Thrust Bearing/Washer

Last edited by LeverThis; 02-08-2020 at 07:52 PM.
LeverThis is offline   Reply With Quote