E46Fanatics - View Single Post - BMW E46 Sunshade Sunroof Final Fix COMPLETE Pictorial DIY!
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
delmarco

My Ride: 335i xDrive Deep Sea
Year: 2011
Model: 335i
Transmission: Steptronic
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco

Questions that are still up in the air and hopefully someone will answer them:

Can you have a fully operational electrical-sliding Moonroof glass and manual-sliding Sunshade WITHOUT the Sunshade Driver installed?

It seems that once the Driver head breaks or gets mangled and is not on the track properly anymore you are left with few options;

1. Replace it via the $150-$200 dealer repair kit (which may end up costing $1000+ in extra needed parts and a couple days DIY labor since you may have to replace the entire cassette and headliner to get to the Sunshade Driver body?

2. Pull out the Driver completely and just manually slide the sunshade open (which what the Driver would've done electrically) before you open the electric-sliding glass. Since a mangled or busted Driver tends to only get in the way of and shreds everything in it's path.

3. Do what I did, which may turn out to be a temporary fix ( and I hope not), and try to bend or re-shape the Driver's head and make the best of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW MODS & PROJECTS:

E90 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

E46 -

Last edited by delmarco; 01-27-2010 at 09:21 PM.
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote