E46Fanatics - View Single Post - From a 320Ci to a 330Ci: Maintenance, upgrades and progress
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 02:38 PM   #4
bendoscopy

My Ride: 330Ci M + 320Ci
Transmission: 5MT
Good evening, y'all.

Some updates! I haven't done that much in the last month or so, but I have been driving the car A LOT. And it's been great.

Re-glued all of my sagging trim from both the 320 and 330. Black is a lot more forgiving, so the 330 looks great now. Beige is grubby in places.

I made a final decision on the interior. I decided against swapping the hellbeige into my 330. I enjoyed the beige in the 320, but I think that's where it belongs. There are some unique features of the 330Ci M-Sport, like the black headliner and pillar fabrics, and I wouldn't want to lose that. So with that... I started at moving over my final bits from the 320.

The cabin is starting to feel more like home already.

Had great fun pulling out an integrated Parrot bluetooth system. Do you guys have those in the US? It was spliced into numerous wires and seemed to be everywhere I looked within the dash. I've cut most of it out now. Still running stock speakers, but will switch in my other ones one day soon.

Had some awful clunking from the rear nearside corner. I was certain it was the shock, and I wasn't wrong. Here's a comparison of old VS new. How does that even happen? New shocks are from my 320 and are only about 4 months old. Very easy swap.

Now for the bad stuff... I got stuck on a curb a few days ago. This is with stock suspension. When I reverse back from the curb, I pulled the bumper out of the clips. I put it back together the best I could but it's not perfect. That edge that you see sticking out was like that when I purchased the car, so this is a good opportunity to fix it for good. It's too stiff to push it back by hand, so I feel I'll need to remove the whole bumper and realign.

And then this happened with my 320. We had so much rain lately and water seems to be getting in behind a tail light. It collected in the bottom of the trunk. See that orange spot? That's a drain plug which you can smash out with some force. It didn't take long to drain and dry out. I've since replaced the tail lights and foam gaskets and all is good.

Ultimately I will sell the 320 once it's ready. But for now I am concentrating on getting the 330 in good shape. Things that still need attention:

- Gear stick 'spring detent' issue (needs transmission dropping)
- Dashcam hardwire (I'm an "add a fuse" kinda guy)
- Definitely getting those wheels refurbished
- Switching fog lights to the LEDs from my 320 (they're good)
- Going to start replacing all rear suspension parts
- Oil, plugs, filters etc. Previous owner says it was 8 months ago
- New fuel pump, fuel filter and the filter attachment lines/clamps
- Refit my LCM. I've just sent off my 4.1 LCM for the triple blink upgrade

Loving this car on a whole different level. The power and the sound is just wonderful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMW E46 330Ci M-Sport 2001 topasblau/grau 118k miles
BMW E46 320Ci Sport 2002 topasblau/hellbeige 125k miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
| drive tastefully

Last edited by bendoscopy; 12-09-2019 at 06:43 AM.
bendoscopy is offline   Reply With Quote