E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Turbo project for a budget
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 01:26 PM   #62
cwarel

My Ride: 330ci coupe
More updates with PICTURES
Here is the video of the exhaust pop if anyone is intrested
Ight so here we go https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=e55f20cb33 This is album with pictures
1) So what ive done there is - Increased the size of wastegate hole quite a lot , trimmed metal around the wastegate flap so it opens more
2) My exhaust manifold the flange on it was a lot larger than a turbo one , so because of the turbo housing it would create a huge step , so I trimmed exhaust housing to be slightly larger than manifold flange so the step is gone .
3) I didnt know that my exhaust manifold the flange was threaded so I went to Home depot and bought 4 bolts with nuts and when I got back home to try them I found out threads but luckily for me I GOT THE RIGHT SIZE BOLT , i jsut had to shorten the bolt so it would fit and everything bolts perfect
4) Took time to figure out how turbo had to be clocked so thats all sorted ( still have to install this on the engine and see how that fits there
5) JB welded extra MAF to 3 inch tubing no picture for that , but ill make sure ill show it later.
So now im on my way to a guy that will do my clutch and tranny change , because tranny i have syncs worn out and i can "race" normally ( i could daily drive this tranny , but when i gotta get aggressive with downshifting or upshifting it gets stuck and i cant shift, also im gonna talk about the build with that guy if he's will to install this for me or let me use his lift.
cwarel is offline   Reply With Quote