E46 Fanatics Forum banner

ABS traction brake light -No EML!

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Rolyak 
#1 ·
10K miles ago all four wheel sensors replaced from Amazon. Friend pulled 5E24 pressure sensor and 5DA1 RF wheel sensor.

Yellow lights came on after FI line disconnected while idling @ 5 AM prepping for 650 mile trip back to Ohio, pumped out 1/2 tank! Can't see any correlation to the ABS light problem?:cry:

I do have a RF wheel sensor coming, the old one showed about 230 ohms so some resistance?

Made it home with no significant power loss but wondering if yellow lights can cause intermittent but slight power loss? Or affect braking and acceleration?:hmm:

Yes I'll go back to searching, just find it strange that a massive gas leak very close to ABS unit and DSC sensors.:blah:

224K 2003 325i 2.5 M54

#2 ·
:evil:Will try the RF wheel sensor first but several videos indicate the sensors could be the problem! 50's Kid has a video that pulls the MC away and twists to access the DSC sensors. Amazon does have them! Still thinking the major gas spill may have been responsible?:evil:

#3 ·
No Joy!

The new FCP RF wheel sensor was installed today to correct the 5DA1 code, no change! I pulled the MC to access the two DSC sensors but both are showing 44.2 ohms? Unable to find specific info in Bentley!

So really having my doubts two DSC sensors from Amazon will have any effect.:facepalm:

I don't have sophisticated equipment so just looking for any advice? After 12K in FCP parts it's just too beautiful to part out.:facepalm: HELP!

#4 ·
If you don't have a scanner, set yourself up with INPA on a laptop or old surface pro. Must be USB2 compatible. Get INPA and set up details from link below. Software if free and the cables are cheap.
https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/...tions-Experiences-Discussions-Experimentation

INPA will allow you to:
- read all error codes in all computers
- monitor the operation of the wheel sensor (car jacked up and you spin the wheel) so you can see if they are working.
- monitor the pressure readings of the DSC pressure sensors, so you can see if they are working.

#5 · (Edited)
Once you get INPA setup and verify speed and pressure sensors are working, consider that the ABS control module may be defective. You can buy a used one and code it for your car.

#6 ·
Thanks to both of you!

Time for me to get smart with INPA!:thumbsup:

Did both sensors on Sat. and bled brakes and as suspected, no cure! Will look into a used unit and what needs to be done to code one! Sensors from Amazon checked 1 ohm less than OE (43 vs 44) :hmm:

#7 ·
#8 ·
Omg, what did I do ? Test drive this AM and no speedometer or odometer! Was working perfectly and has never done this! I did unclip the ABS connecter to inspect for possible gas migration, nothing found!:banghead:

Believe I still have some air in brake system. Also now a red brake light was yellow! Could this point to the ABS sensor? Checked brake pad wear sensors both good.

At 13F doubt much can be done! I will check the LR wheel sensor for resistance. Would the odometer stop if a wheel sensor fails?:hmm:

Currently searching for additional info!

Thanks for those links!:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.