E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Stolen BMW for Auto Show Recovered by Police

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  BMW Sidewayz 
#1 ·
#8 ·
"It is also being checked for fingerprints and DNA."

did the thief cum in the car or what?

"He said they knew the car's whereabouts, last tracking it on the city's west side Thursday afternoon all because of technology called BMW Assist. It's a navigational tool equipped for GPS among other things. If the car is stolen, the company can help police recover the vehicle within minutes."

So why wasn't the car recovered in minutes?

""Continued to check known previous recovery locations and at that time the track was not picked up," the undercover officer said."

WTF was coming out of that cops mouth?

#11 · (Edited)
sorry I can't let go of this one either, the caption under the cut main ground wire is hilarious.

The wire to the BMW Assist cut by car thieves. (Credit: Roop Raj | WJBK FOX 2)

So you are basically telling me that disabling the anti theft system is easy as disabling the main power supply... I once found a Lojack unit in a car and it had a 6 volt lithium battery, wired to charge off main electrical system.... the only way i was able to ascertain what I was looking at was by looking up the FCC id on the ribbon antenna.

ROOP RAJ and his editor are idiots. thank you that is all.

#13 ·
there is so much bullsh!t revolving around this story, here's another angle that is quite disconcerting: how backed up is the DNA lab in Detroit, how many raps murders and crimes involving victims are pending DNA results. The car is has been recovered, how important is it to catch this guy when someones sister was raped last night.

#15 ·
Lets not forget that Crooks have friends, friends that are technicians ( alarms and car stereos) and possibly Technicians that work at BMW. Although Im not surprised, Im kind of shaking my head how fast they know how to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.