E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Service Advice
Thread: Service Advice
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
FenderGuy05

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Service Advice

Okay, so I'm coming up on the 100k mile marker, and feel that it's time for some service. I am pretty sure I know what needs to be done, but want some overall advice.

I purchased my 325i back in October, with 93k on the odometer. Has been running great, and couldn't be more in love with my car. Before lurking and then posting on these forums I would never have even thought of DIYing anything on a BMW, but I have done all my own mods, and feel that I'm up for the challange of some mechanical work.

After some insisting I was able to get some service history from the previous owners dealership, and from the looks of it, never had the water pump changed, which worries me, but has had the thermostat done twice, and the expansion tank once.

I'm thining first order of business is to tackle the cooling system, found a good DIY on 330ci.net that was posted in one of these forums, and looks pretty well written. I was also thinking it's time for a new set of plugs at the 100k mark. I haven't gone digging too far in for any oil leaks, but was thinking I'd change the OFHG and VCG some time in the next few thousand miles. And of course and oil change.

Is there anything else I should be concerned about? I know with my previous truck, disctibutor cap and wires needed changing at 100k, but haven't read anything about changing the igntion coils at 100k.

What do you guys think is first on the list? What can be held off on? (What should I take it to an indy for, since I have little to no experience working on cars before this one) To do the work I have to drive about 90minutes to my parents house since my apartment complex allows for no engine work of any kind on the property.

I love the forums and the wealth of information that's available, and if it weren't for you guys, my car would still be stock, and I would be paying outratgeous prices for work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FenderGuy05 is offline   Reply With Quote