E46Fanatics - Conversation Between Solidjake and glhx E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Solidjake

Conversation Between Solidjake and glhx
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Solidjake
    03-30-2015 06:02 AM
    Solidjake
    Hey. That is usually used for the rear fog light. You can find out which wire from the trunk harness goes to the bulb, take it out, run a new wire from the brake light positive wire and it should work.
  2. glhx
    03-29-2015 09:13 PM
    glhx
    i want to use the trunk lights as brake lights. Obviously there is a hole there for the socket housing.

Do you know of a diy to wire these up through the trunk harness. Or part number for the socket housing.

It looks simple enough but if I can save some time by taking the road traveled I will
  3. Solidjake
    03-23-2015 05:40 AM
    Solidjake
    Hey, thanks! Do you have a link or part number to that wire harness? I want to finally get rid of that light. It's from the 6sp zhp
  4. glhx
    03-23-2015 03:21 AM
    glhx
    I was looking at the coolant temp thread and saw you were having the air bag resistance thing.
    I cleaned my connections and the light went away. 3 months later it came back. Did it again and it lasted 2 months.

I changed the wiring harness with A $15 replacement harness which is known to go bad after 10 years or so. The problem has been gone for 2 years. There is a $50 bypass harness that solves the problem forever. It's more involved.

Been really considering a 6 speed swap from a zhp car. Is that the smg or the zhp 6 speed
  5. Solidjake
    03-19-2015 10:24 AM
    Solidjake
    Hey, the depo tail lights are fine. You just need to remove 3 nuts for the outer parts and put in the new ones. For the trunk lights you have to pop out the liner on the trunk and one nut is holding it onto the frame. There should be a diy on khoalty or bimmian
  6. glhx
    03-19-2015 02:56 AM
    glhx
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/121585087658

Just bought these depos off of ebay. Any thoughts or warnings I should know about before installation or even unwrapping them. I don't usual,y buy this stuff from ebay but I was already on there and said what the hell.
    Quality
    Light codes
    Knock offs