E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.31 average. Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 03:16 AM   #121
raymond3080

My Ride: 323CI
oh yes and evil star i can send you my bin file if youd like to host that as well if anyone ever needs a stock 323 map..just pm me
raymond3080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:22 AM   #122
raymond3080

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritos530i View Post
So how you know what part of the map you are looking at. For example which part of the map is for fuel and which for timing.
I have this as well and my file but don't understand what's what.
I spent hours on it and can not figure out anything.
maybe you would be interested in explaining what part of the map we are looking at.
Rito
Rito i think you want this...im tired though so ill look at it when i wake up...
http://www.chiptuners.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=132
Old 06-24-2009, 09:20 PM   #123
ritos530i

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i 6speed
Send a message via MSN to ritos530i Send a message via Yahoo to ritos530i Send a message via Skype™ to ritos530i
Thanks i will be looking over things tonight and report back if i figure anything out.

530i E60 Custom Turbo/Nitrous (PSI_unknown)
ritos530i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:12 AM   #124
raymond3080

Hey has anyone made any head way?...I haven't ive been to busy with my motorcycle
Old 07-23-2009, 12:16 AM   #125
evilstar

My Ride: 633csi & 325i
damn this thread is sorta dieing isnt it? ive been so busy i havent checked it in a while. raymond ill PM you my email addy for that file so i can put it up on the site.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #126
raymond3080

Hey Evilstar I sent that email a while ago did you get it?

Anyone else have any time to work on this??
Old 08-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #127
ritos530i

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i 6speed
Send a message via MSN to ritos530i Send a message via Yahoo to ritos530i Send a message via Skype™ to ritos530i
+1 bump this thread

530i E60 Custom Turbo/Nitrous (PSI_unknown)
ritos530i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:11 PM   #128
HakenTT

My Ride: 323i with S54
Tuning BMW obd2 ecus is not that hard, problem is having proper software that will take your downloaded flash and display proper maps and then calculate proper checksum when you change the data on the desired maps. People in europe are already flashing their bmws all the time, I got various euro tunes, but here is US I haven't found any so this tells me that BMW community is not up to the task yet.
I have been tuning nissan and bmw ecus for 8 years now, all tho I don't have an OBD2 bmw I am willing to help the community but you will have to help me too with information.
If someone has a stock flash, and tuned flash file, I could compare the files and in that case make a definition file for tunerpro software, this was the same version of software can be tuned any way you like. Problem is that there is too many versions of stock software and the definition file would have to be made for each version of ecu and version of ecu software.

In this example lets take raymond3080 stock (Ms43) ecu downloaded flash, it is 64kb size but the full flash in that ecu is about 4096kb, a huge file that would take hours downloading from the ecu, so I asume galletto just lets you download the good stuff portion of the file and that is map area. raymond3080 software version is 430064 and that is very important to put down and the flash file should be designated as (.bin) file. Some people say that they can't download the flash that is stops at some point, and some can't even flash it back. This is because the ECU requires minimum of 12.7volts and the car battery is about 12.3v even less if it is left for few minutes with key on engine off to dowload the flash. The uploading the flash requires even more voltage to properly flash it, this is why bench flashing is recommended with about 14 volts on tthe ecu using special made adaptor and voltage supply unit with minimum of 500mah.

From my experience with OBD1 bmws files I was able to find some maps in the raymond3080 stock file and I have made definition file for tunerpro software. I would have to see the comercialy tuned flash of the same version of software to know more.

So for now you can see some maps in raymond's file, go to tunerpro.net and download the software tunerpro for free, then load the XDF file, that is definition file then load the raymond's file, you will need to search "all" files sense raymond made his file a .dat instead of .bin

This forum does not let me post Zip files so PM me and I will send you the file.
HakenTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #129
HakenTT

screenshot of tunerpro and XDF file displaying raymond's stock file

or

http://www.photodump.org/stored29/raymondsms43.jpg
Old 08-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #130
cbertiuk

My Ride: E46 323ci
so its matter of creating XDF file for OBDII cars then open it in tuner pro and we have full access to the maps ???
cbertiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #131
HakenTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbertiuk View Post
so its matter of creating XDF file for OBDII cars then open it in tuner pro and we have full access to the maps ???
Yes. Proper XDF file would make it easy and simple.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:19 AM   #132
sjo328ci

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
HakenTT,
Thank you for your excellent posts. They have been extremely helpful. Instead of sitting around waiting for Jim Conforti to release Shark Edit (the software equivalent of "Waiting for Godot") we now have something we can work with.
M54 crankshaft
Crower MaxiLight forged alloy connecting rods
Ferrea 1mm oversize intake and exhaust valves,
valve springs, and titanium spring retainers
Technik Stage 3 cylinder head (mild port and polish)
Technik tubular exhaust header
227 rwhp (265 crank hp est)

What's the point of having money if you don't have something worth wasting it on?
sjo328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:44 AM   #133
sikdogg

My Ride: '99 323i, '97 328i
It's not too difficult locating the maps with tuner pro but tuner pro will only find the maps with no labels... my question is how do you know what each map is for since tuner pro doesn't tell you??

Would it me possible to remove the original eprom and solder a socket onto the board?? This would make future tuning much easier...may even be able to use ostrich to tune on the fly.

Last edited by sikdogg; 08-31-2009 at 11:49 AM.
sikdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:18 PM   #134
HakenTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikdogg View Post
It's not too difficult locating the maps with tuner pro but tuner pro will only find the maps with no labels... my question is how do you know what each map is for since tuner pro doesn't tell you??

Would it me possible to remove the original eprom and solder a socket onto the board?? This would make future tuning much easier...may even be able to use ostrich to tune on the fly.
Tunerpro is universal tuning software it will not find you any maps it does not have search structure. I am using special software made for japanese car ecu developers to find map structures in the code. Then based on my experience with OBD1 bosch ecus I am able to ID most of the maps. I am using ostrich2 emulator in my obd1 bmw and it works great. When it comes to OBD2 some ecus are chippable if not all, but the chips are too big(1mb) for ostrich2 emulation and I don't think obd2 likes emulation anyway.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:34 PM   #135
sikdogg

Sorry, you're right... tuner pro is just used for modifying the maps. Are you using WinOLS to find the maps??
Old 08-31-2009, 02:34 PM   #136
Scott_Shelli

My Ride: 2003 330i
This is a very good thread... I have no idea how to do any of it, but I'm certain there will finally be a way to get good software updates for our 330i's.

I'm shocked a "sponsor" hasn't complained about this "free flowing of ideas" and had the moderator banish it.

Scott_Shelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:35 PM   #137
HakenTT

Quote:
Sorry, you're right... tuner pro is just used for modifying the maps. Are you using WinOLS to find the maps??
No, winols is expensive, confusing, not user friendly, so because of that it is out of question for basic tuner who wants to do things on a budget.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:52 PM   #138
sikdogg

Will you share what program you are using to find maps??
Old 08-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #139
HakenTT

Quote:
Will you share what program you are using to find maps??
Maps won't do you any good, you got to know what they are for, and you still cannot make any changed without proper checksum calculations, I found all the maps in the code but that does not do me any good, I need to know what maps are usable for a tuner and just use those maps, tipical OBD2 ecu will have somewhere close to 200 maps but tuner only tunes about 5 maps, LOL. Thats why I am here to at least make one DME tunable. But seems like there is no people interested nor have the ability to flash their DMEs. Most of people just like to send it somewhere and pay for the flash, they don't want to deal with it.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #140
raymond3080

Glad to see your here to help HakenTT and thanks ...but those files are not mine my file is actually 32kb for the MS42 ECU which comes with the 323ci...The file you have is Dennys which is MS43 and 64kb in size...now a question i have is with your software would you be able to pick out the maps between now the two stock ecus...as i only wish to take the 330 maps and put them on the 323 ecu...

Tags
custom tuning, dme tuning, flashing, kwp2000